Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Who\'s gonna win the NFC?

[ QUOTE ]
If Vick could just step it up a bit , I think ATL wouldbe the favorite. Its hard to go with them when they can't take advantage of a mediocre pass defense of the Saints today, where Vick only throws for a little over 100 yards. Still, they have a pretty good record with MV as the starter.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing. They have a very defense and a great running game. As the only team in the NFC that has that playoff-type resume, I think they have to be considered the favorites at this time.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:59 AM

Philly. Unless they lose McNabb, then, I don't know, Carolina maybe.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:02 AM

Just to be different, I'll pick Tampa Bay.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They have a very defense and a great running game. As the only team in the NFC that has that playoff-type resume, I think they have to be considered the favorites at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Falcons have a pretty bad defense this year, and it's only going to get worse with Ed Hartwell out. Did you see the way Antowain Smith and Aaron Stecker ran all over the Falcons? Did you see the way Aaron Brooks passed all over them?

Watching Vick this week compared to watching Schaub last week, I can honestly say I think the Falcons would have a better chance of winning with Matt Schaub at QB.

I think the favorite *has* to be Seattle. They're almost guaranteed a first round bye this year, and historically, if you win your conference, you had a bye.

I'd rank the NFC Teams:

SEA
TB
DAL
PHI
ATL
CHI
Old 10-17-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They have a very defense and a great running game. As the only team in the NFC that has that playoff-type resume, I think they have to be considered the favorites at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Falcons have a pretty bad defense this year, and it's only going to get worse with Ed Hartwell out. Did you see the way Antowain Smith and Aaron Stecker ran all over the Falcons? Did you see the way Aaron Brooks passed all over them?

Watching Vick this week compared to watching Schaub last week, I can honestly say I think the Falcons would have a better chance of winning with Matt Schaub at QB.

I think the favorite *has* to be Seattle. They're almost guaranteed a first round bye this year, and historically, if you win your conference, you had a bye.

I'd rank the NFC Teams:

SEA
TB
DAL
PHI
ATL
CHI

[/ QUOTE ]

They win with Vick. They lose with everyone else. It's really, really simple. Saying Schaub should be QB is really silly.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They win with Vick. They lose with everyone else. It's really, really simple. Saying Schaub should be QB is really silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I was thinking maybe because Matt Schaub provided more offense than Vick has this season would be a good reason to start him, but I guess since the Atlanta Defense allowed New England to march downfield unopposed with less than a minute left to kick a field goal, Matt Schaub's a loser.

Brian Finneran, Week 5: 5 catches for 103 yads.
Brian Finneran, Week 1-4, 6: 14 catches for 135 yards.

As a Saints fan, if Matt Schaub had started at QB yesterday, it wouldn't have been even close.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I was thinking maybe because Matt Schaub provided more offense than Vick has this season would be a good reason to start him, but I guess since the Atlanta Defense allowed New England to march downfield unopposed with less than a minute left to kick a field goal, Matt Schaub's a loser.

Brian Finneran, Week 5: 5 catches for 103 yads.
Brian Finneran, Week 1-4, 6: 14 catches for 135 yards.

As a Saints fan, if Matt Schaub had started at QB yesterday, it wouldn't have been even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

So being a Saints fan makes you all-knowing, all-seeing?

Since Vick has been an NFL QB, the team winning % with him is about .680, and without him, .200.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:50 AM

God dman it- why don't all NFL head coaches put their all pro players on a the bench after their backups have 1 good game in their absence!

Where the hell is sample size man when you need him?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, let me list the two QBs that haven't torched the Saints this year.

Mike Vick
J.P. Losman

[ QUOTE ]
Since Vick has been an NFL QB, the team winning % with him is about .680, and without him, .200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's because this is the first year where they have a backup QB worth a damn. Last year, they had the beta version of Matt Schaub (42.0 passer rating). When your backup is a rookie QB you drafted at the end of the third round, perhaps you need a little more insurance, and in 2003 they started Doug Johnson, who had a 67.5 QB rating that year.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, let me list the two QBs that haven't torched the Saints this year.

Mike Vick
J.P. Losman

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's because this is the first year where they have a backup QB worth a damn. Last year, they had the beta version of Matt Schaub (42.0 passer rating). When your backup is a rookie QB you drafted at the end of the third round, perhaps you need a little more insurance, and in 2003 they started Doug Johnson, who had a 67.5 QB rating that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. So we'll just look at games that Matt started vs. games Vick started.

0.000 vs 0.680