Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Supposed to be beating weak players but I am losing to them ARGH!!

First off nice post by skuzzy. I do disagree that you are beat 80% of the time and would put that number at about 65%, but still it is a fold, and I agree with the play, if not the exact number.

I have played on noble and the play is loose agressive. These are not weak players. The fact that you called them weak players makes me wonder exactly how much you have read and understand. A weak player is one that will fold to much, they dont do that at noble as you have noticed! These are agressive players who will put money in with subpar holdings and draws. I did beat the .25/.5 NL game and this is how I did it.

Wait until I thought I had the best hand. Then make em pay to draw. End of story.

My thinking is that you are not waiting enough, then not betting enough when you do have the best hand. Dont just not give them the right odds to call, really dont give them the right odds to call. Example, you flop 2 pair on a board that has a possible flush draw. Bet the pot. If the turn is not a flush card then really make them pay to see the river card, dont just not give them the right odds. Assuming you will fold to a river flush card then any bet over 1.50 is not the correct odds for a flush draw to call (the pot is 6 bucks). We are gonna bet 5$, triple the amount they would need for the right odds, then we are not gonna pay them off on the river if they make it and bring the heat.

Good luck