Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Drinks for Females

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
over 90 bucks worth of Rolling Rock, Pacifica, Heinekin, Budweiser Select,

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you guys going to drink? I hope nothing from the list above.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the Heineken is good beer, but seriously, Bud Select? Why not Bud Ice? Or Beast Lite? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
so proud of 90 bucks worth of crap...you a freshman?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
over 90 bucks worth of Rolling Rock, Pacifica, Heinekin, Budweiser Select,

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you guys going to drink? I hope nothing from the list above.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the Heineken is good beer, but seriously, Bud Select? Why not Bud Ice? Or Beast Lite? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
so proud of 90 bucks worth of crap...you a freshman?

[/ QUOTE ]

The heinekin is mine, the pacifica is for one roomate, rolling rock the other (but i kind of like RR) and the select was our cheap can beer that we have never tried. We try to buy a lot of different stuff each time, not just our favorites over and over again. But i admit, the select has turned out to be crap, and the rolling rock better than I thought it would be. Heini is always good. And yes i am a freshman [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 01:04 AM

i'm not a fan of any smirnoff product and certainly not flavored vodkas. however, girls who are not used to drinking probably won't drink beer, jack, etc. you need to give them something fruity and sweet
Old 10-16-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think that fruity alcoholic drinks are called girly drinks???

Because girls like them. Most girls don't drink beer. Most girls aren't going to take shots of Jack. Obviously there are exceptions but if you're trying to impress a girl you will have different options for her. One of these options should be some sort of fruity cocktail you can make them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It seems silly not to have what your guests like at a party. There's no "right" or "wrong" here -- except getting only what you or a few people like and forcing the other people to either have what they don't like or have nothing. WTF? A good host has his head well clear of his own ass.

Many women do tend to avoid beer, so they don't get fat or burst their pants getting bloated, and women tend to not like the "brown" liquors. Women also do tend to like fruity drinks. Margaritas, wine coolers, rum punches, etc. So make 'em happy. There's no part of making women happy like this that I can see as a bad thing, including spending extra money to do it and maybe having to cut back on what you and your buds like accordingly. Unless you like booze more than women, in which case, God help you, because only he could.

I also agree with theben, who says above he's not a fan of Smirnoff. I agree. I haven't had any super high level quality stuff they have, though, but it doesn't sound like that's what you'd be buying for this party anyway.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:31 AM

Replace Heineken with Franziskanner
Old 10-16-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bud Select

[/ QUOTE ]

As a complete aside, I've been wondering about this beer. I mean, sure, it's Bud, so it can't be all that good. However, I've definitely been curious as to if it's worth buying. Anyone know if it's a decent value? What's it like?

Back on topic, the undisputed champion of girl drinks IMO is the Panty Ripper - 1.5 oz Malibu coconut rum, 1.5 oz vodka, and fill the glass w/ either OJ or, if you're good, pineapple juice (hell, mixing 'em works good, too). Actually, I heard of one version that substituted 151 for the vodka. I dubbed it the Panty Obliterator. Cheap, easy, and effective.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bud Select

[/ QUOTE ]

As a complete aside, I've been wondering about this beer. I mean, sure, it's Bud, so it can't be all that good. However, I've definitely been curious as to if it's worth buying. Anyone know if it's a decent value? What's it like?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had it, it's not so great. If I recally correctly, it had a very dry taste to it and almost no flavor. It could be appealing to the certain people, but for me it was worse than regular Bud.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not a fan of any smirnoff product and certainly not flavored vodkas. however, girls who are not used to drinking probably won't drink beer, jack, etc. you need to give them something fruity and sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was introduced to me as a "Georgia Iced Tea"

1oz vodka
1oz light rum
1.5oz triple sec
1.5oz peach schnapps
shake into tall glass over ice, fill with sprite

You can add a dash of Blue Curacao for color - if you do, you might want to cut back on the triple sec slightly.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:11 AM

We always stock bud light and flavored barcardis and vodkas for the ladies.