Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: CWS/LAA Game 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scalf, is that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I first read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think someone got banned. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Don't worry, it's happened to the best of us.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:20 PM

Seems like there's some value in just knee-jerk fading of the faves in these series.

FWIW, the way I track pitchers, Lackey has been on the slide here the last 5-6 games. Key game here for CWS, and Guillen hands ball to Garland; good enough for me.

I'm on CWS +145; perceive pitching edge.

bc
Old 10-14-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Under 8 -115

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like the play, as both teams are content to play for 1 run whenever they get even a single runner on base (in both the ALCS and NLCS).

But I just have a feeling that eventually one of these starters is going to come up small, OR the hitting with RISP will come around, OR someone's going to put together a fluke rally that might force the offense to open up for both teams. Hard to know which game it's going to happen, but tonight's seems like a good candidate.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Under 8 -115

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like the play, as both teams are content to play for 1 run whenever they get even a single runner on base (in both the ALCS and NLCS).

But I just have a feeling that eventually one of these starters is going to come up small, OR the hitting with RISP will come around, OR someone's going to put together a fluke rally that might force the offense to open up for both teams. Hard to know which game it's going to happen, but tonight's seems like a good candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under getting bet it seems, opened at -120, went to -115 now at -125

I say it goes over in the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 11:10 PM

Wow, when it was 5-0 I woulda bet my first born this thing was going over. But I'll take it [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, when it was 5-0 I woulda bet my first born this thing was going over. But I'll take it [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to bet with my first born, don't want to start a gambling addiction that is hereditary. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually at that point I would have put it at about 50-50. I was much more confident when it was 3-0 in the top of the 1st, or even 5-2 with Guererro up in the 6th. What odds do you think I could have gotten on the over then? Or even in the top of the 8th with 1st and 3rd nobody out with the 5 hitter up? Gotta be at least a push at that point right, with only one run to go? Apparently not. Whatever. I'm not bitter though.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:11 AM

Everybody who is looking for the over, you'll find it tomorrow in Houston. 7.5, its going over boys.