Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Live hand - triple check raise!

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if no body had a flush! You must bet the river here, at least be sure to get ONE bet from e.one.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn you have to fade 9 outs, 8 clubs + K, giving your opponents a 1:3 chance of beating your hand. Why risk a large pot with fancy play, try and push them out of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're worried about a 2-outer? You risk the pot here because your equity against those two hands only is near 80%, and there is probably at least one player drawing completely dead but still electing to call down, meaning your equity five-handed is probably even better than that.

With most sets your thinking should not be "I had better get people out of the pot so I can win it," it should be "I have an amazing hand, so how can I get as much money in this pot as possible?"
Old 10-14-2005, 11:05 AM

I love the flop and turn play. If someone puts you on a flush draw they are betting an overpair every time. You've got an overpair on your left giving you a chance to check-raise the whole field on an expensive street with a monster hand. On the river I think you should bet that. That 6 of clubs hit some hands hard. To a more observant player your turn play gives up your hand, but against uberdonks they are still going to raise their flush/trips every time. This allows you to 3-bet it and possibly snag everyone for 4 bets!