Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: UB $100 hand - first level

Doublelucky scares me more than the push.

That's too much heat for a 6 high flush.

Pusher probably has a set, but what does double flat call with that doesn't beat you? If he were drawing to K high flush I would expect a raise, not a flat call.

Nothing wrong with folding when you think you are beat.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-13-2005, 03:43 PM

You guys are all ignoring that even if he is beaten, he has the straight flush redraw. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I almost certainly get it in, and just sort of accept it if I'm beaten, which will happen occasionally.
But I can also reasonably convince myself that leggy has AA, doublelucky has AxKs or something, and other MP has 55. Or, at least, I'm willing to convince myself of that. But I don't mind busting out very early if I'm taking a shot at a huge pot with a strong hand.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are all ignoring that even if he is beaten, he has the straight flush redraw

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't phrase it properly.

I think you are supposed to say "the good thing about a move like this is that if you are behind you have 1 out" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I can discount the first bet as a probe, and the push as someone who doesn't want to see another spade, but the flat call of the pot sized bet is 500 chips a that point, that makes me muck my 6 high flush.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-13-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pusher probably has a set, but what does double flat call with that doesn't beat you? If he were drawing to K high flush I would expect a raise, not a flat call.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that DoubleLucky is the most concerning opponent, I disagree that his flat call signals a higher flush. Wood, I'm curious as to why you would expect a raise from Double Lucky with the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If he's on the nut flush draw he's not in a position to buy a free turn with two left to act behind him. With his UTG raise pre-flop I'm just as inclined to put him on QQ/JJ with a spade, a set or a big ace. No way I'm folding this. There are too many other plausible holdings.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that DoubleLucky is the most concerning opponent, I disagree that his flat call signals a higher flush. Wood, I'm curious as to why you would expect a raise from Double Lucky with the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If he's on the nut flush draw he's not in a position to buy a free turn with two left to act behind him. With his UTG raise pre-flop I'm just as inclined to put him on QQ/JJ with a spade, a set or a big ace. No way I'm folding this. There are too many other plausible holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Okay, I realize it would be highly unlikely he has a set, but the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], two pair and high PP are possible.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Nothing horribly wrong with the first call, but I fold this one to the reraise. At this point you need to flop 2 pair to win.

So you flop a flush, instead. Typical exercise: put all three of them on hands you beat. You beat legs, for sure. You may or may not beat doublelucky - I don't know his game well...but his most likely hand is AxKs. I do not see a flush calling this bet, because KsKx might have the odds to call a push by now (I don't know UB starting stacks) and will certainly call a raise, a big ace will get all in, AA will, etc. If he has a flush, unless it's exactly K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he played it bad.

MP has a flush or a set. I think he has 55 more often than some bizarre spades, especially because at least one spade is in doublelucky's hand.

I call, and then turn the straight flush to make sure because I'm just that cool.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's on the nut flush draw he's not in a position to buy a free turn with two left to act behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can buy the button and put legggy to the test with a raise, which is what I would expect him to do with every K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Xx hand......except up reflection, maybe he flat calls with Ax Ks as he may think he has leggggy tied and he is freelrolling to the flush.

I would raise K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x here, especially AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as I know if I get my spade I'm not getting anymore action, so I want to get the pot growing now or more reasonably, since I have the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I know no one else has the nut flush so I'm raising to take it down...plus donks like me like to build the pot with draws so we can have the right odds to call when we get put all in.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

His flat call doesn't make sense to me w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Xx as he's getting no action if he hits.

That and flat calls of pot sized bets with 2 to act behind are usually monsters trying to encourage action.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-13-2005, 05:21 PM

I say you call, show the best hand, doublelucky shows AK no spade, leggy folds, and the other guy shows 22 for a set... and spikes quads on the river.

just a hunch though.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:23 PM

He spikes quads after Nordberg turns the straight flush though, right?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:09 PM

looks like you push and proceed to get a lot of chips. although there is a chance that there may be a higher flush (almost certainly a higher draw(more likely?), it is unlikely. also higher flush draw is drawing thin as you hold two spades.
I have found that many players that i do not know (MP in your hand) in online tournies push A x early in tournies on those flops; this esp when they hit 2p on flop.
It does look like you are ahead though...