Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: AQ: Domination with Redraws

Nap,

I bumped it. The title is "Math Problem with 77" or something. Hobbsman is the OP.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:42 PM

Man you are fast...that was like, less than a minute [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 02:52 PM

I like peeling here and going for the raise on the turn if you pick up the OESD, flush draw or Q. It will be hard for him to stay in with AK and if he's got something better than that you still have outs.

Math on it is a certain call unless he has exactly AA, or even worse the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 03:14 PM

There are some differences with the Nate original - the most notable of which is the plan to CR semi-bluff the Turn with a big draw. In this I am AM considering pushing my opponent off a better hand.

This is further complicated as, should I pick up a J or Q, and villain holds exactly AK he has overs plus an inside straight re-draw, which is enough for him NOT to fold. It makes life tough for a pocket underpair, though I think will be less often the case.

(I should add that only the more aggressive players appear to 3-bet mid-pairs in the games I play, and they are easily spotted due to the frequency of this action).

Nate's post is a classic, and I thank-you for the timely link. His comment about the play being made by bad and very good players is very interesting, as I had been mulling over notions of stupid-yet-correct fish-play the last two weeks or so in an attempt understand these plays better.