Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Now what?

I think at the 22s there's a huge tendancy for the average player to NOT respect these type of raises from the big blind.

Rembmer that most of these players are still doing lower level thinking like, "I'm gonna play this hand" and then not adjust that thought when a raise comes at them. Also, they seem to justify playing weaker hands against BB raises because they can make an argument to themselves that your raise is only attempt to steal the bets from the callers.

This was my thinking when I was a bad player, and I see the same tendencies among the players I face at the 22s.

Having said all that:

I push here expecting enough folds and calls with weaker hands and coinflips to make up for the rare time I run into someone playing AA/KK all fancy.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:41 AM

I also push pre-flop here. I'm not committing almost 25% of my stack when I could pick up a decent sized pot with a push. AK gets tricky, even from late position with a bunch of limpers.

Gotta call that push, though.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 AM

Well since you raised and got pushed you have to call. But I think you need to check or push pf. Is it a loose or tight table? I dont like to get called if I push pf.