Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: AQ a day - DAY ONE

Hard to put him on a King given the flop play (maybe Kx [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]), but Qx [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], QT/QJ, maybe even any Q are all worse hands he may play that way (he might play 98 this way as well, and maybe he'll get tricky with JT, but I doubt it). Bet.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: AQ a day - DAY ONE

[ QUOTE ]
Finally got poker tracker only to discover that A,Qs is my biggest loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample size. JJ was my biggest loser today, but that was just because I ran into a really tough beat with it. With the size of your database, one or two hands where you made a very good second-best hand (or got caught in the middle of two LAGs raising it up while you held the flush draw) can have a huge effect on your overall numbers.

As for the converter, you have to make sure you select "2+2 Forums" from the first pulldown menu. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

On to the hand...

Preflop is very standard.

On the flop, sometimes I'll smooth call the raise intending to raise a safe turn (this is a very draw-heavy flop), other times I'll immediately 3-bet. In this case it wouldn't likely have mattered, and most times it's better to 3-bet immediately.

The turn & river are very much standard bets. If you had a better read on MP2 you might could check through the river...a good player is not going to call this river bet in a protected pot with a hand you beat. But on 2/4 Party, you can never assume that an unknown is a good player, so I like the bet.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: AQ a day - RESULTS

Villian was on a flush draw the whole way - with a Kc (Kc,6c to be exact) and MHING. Appreciate the comments. I looked through a couple of hands and was looking for hands where I MIGHT have overplayed. I didn't think I had on this one - which was confirmed in the responses, but wanted to make sure. Again, appreciate your response. Thanks!