Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: should the fish be respected?

I agree with what most of onegymrat says about how we tend to label people with these disrespectful terms when they are just people like you and I. However, when I play with people that I view as less skilled than I am I really have trouble not becoming annoyed with how they play.....limping into nearly every pot, calling large raises with a gut shot straight draw, etc. A part of me really just doesn't even want to play with them because I really am one of the most competitive people I know, I want to win all the money off of the best players I can find, I love the challenge. However I also realize that a good portion of the money I make playing poker comes from these less skilled people and that consistently winning money from the best players I can find is definitely not something my game can afford just yet. It's a balancing act I suppose.

Clark
Old 10-11-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: should the fish be respected?

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, most fish play for fun. No need to lose all respect for someone because they play poker poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right. someone, who plays for fun, wants to play and not to read books and analyse his play.