Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: QQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm weak-tight, but is it mathematically possible for 5 to see the flop for a 3x raise without someone having a decent king?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a king that likely in a hand to flat call an early position raise with? AK might reraise and calling with KQs, KJs, or KTs is kind of questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he the first caller or second? I would give him more credit for a K as 2nd caller.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was he the first caller or second? I would give him more credit for a K as 2nd caller.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st caller.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:16 PM

I would probaly have taken you're line. With 4 callers I'm thinking I'm probably beat on the flop and check. The value bet on the turn seems reasonable.

The fact that it was the first caller pushing makes me put him on a set of Ts, 7s and I fold.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probaly have taken you're line. With 4 callers I'm thinking I'm probably beat on the flop and check. The value bet on the turn seems reasonable.

The fact that it was the first caller pushing makes me put him on a set of Ts, 7s and I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn, I wouldn't call it a value bet so much as protecting my hand. With so many hands, I was afraid someone would make something that beat QQ or make a play for the pot.

For some reason I called the push. I was getting great pot odds, which doesn't help if I am drawing to 2 outs. I guess I wondered why he didn't bet the flop. Since no one showed strength, maybe he thought I was just taking a shot at the pot.

Villain had 55 as the first responder suggested, and made a set on the turn.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:20 AM

i think your bet on the turn was wrong.
depending on your table image if its tight then you would not be raising 1800 out of position with 77 .that leaves TT or KK and if you had any of them the check on the turn would kind of make sense even though IMO its too dangerous with 4 others in the hand a straight draw on the bored to check a set.and even if you did ,the 5000 bet on the turn kind of indicates that your not looking for callers which really dosent go with set.
AA is out of question as well again because of the check on the flop.
55 is also not likely that some one would raise 3BB out so much out of position.
i think you were really done with the hand after the flop if you didn’t get a set with that many callers but if you wanted to make one last stab at it it should have been on the flop because you would be representing KK,AA ,AK and if you got called your most likely beat and your done with the hand.
but to answer you question you should deffo fold the the all in bet even though you may have the best hand.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think your bet on the turn was wrong.
depending on your table image if its tight then you would not be raising 1800 out of position with 77 .that leaves TT or KK and if you had any of them the check on the turn would kind of make sense even though IMO its too dangerous with 4 others in the hand a straight draw on the bored to check a set.and even if you did ,the 5000 bet on the turn kind of indicates that your not looking for callers which really dosent go with set.
AA is out of question as well again because of the check on the flop.
55 is also not likely that some one would raise 3BB out so much out of position.
i think you were really done with the hand after the flop if you didn’t get a set with that many callers but if you wanted to make one last stab at it it should have been on the flop because you would be representing KK,AA ,AK and if you got called your most likely beat and your done with the hand.
but to answer you question you should deffo fold the the all in bet even though you may have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying that the turn bet was good. However, what is the big deal about representing something. I wasn't trying to represent anything. I thought I has the best hand. If you have the best hand, you don't need to represent.

I think the bet on the turn looks like what I had, JJ or QQ, and I decided no one has a king. Either that or I could have slowplayed AA, KK, AK, or TT, hoping someone else would bet the flop.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM

I think the bet on the turn looks like what I had, JJ or QQ, and I decided no one has a king. Either that or I could have slowplayed AA, KK, AK, or TT, hoping someone else would bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

slow playing AA in this situation with the texture of the flop and the amount of callers is extreamly wrong IMO.
also giving that there is about 7200 in the pot slow playing TT or KK is wrong as well considering the texture of the flop. suppose you did have TT or KK in this situation in you did check and the turn was Q,A,J ,you made your 5000 raise and some one near the end went all in.what would you do?do not think they could have made their straight and they would have folded to your bet on the flop?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:10 PM

I'd love to hear some reasons behind leading out on the flop with 4 callers. I'm with the camp that I think it's very possible that someone has at least a King. I'd check the flop and check the turn and be willing to call a marginal bet from a late position (possible) steal attempt.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise $10 rebuy, about 40% of field left, blinds 300/600/25. I am a little above average with T13K. I raise to 1800 in 2nd position with QQ and get 4 callers.

Flop is KT7,r. I am 2nd to act and check. It is checked around.

Turn is a 5. I bet 5000. 4th position raises 6000 allin, having me slightly covered. It is folded back to me.

Should I call? Should I have checked the flop? Should I have bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop. If you are checking the flop, I think checking the turn and river unless you improve is the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? i think the odds you're ahead aren't very good at this point, and if you are, you might win the pot by checking it down. also if you are ahead, you might get moved off the hand. with this many people in the pot, i rarely bet again if i don't have top pair or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the flop is ATx, I'm going to check, but with KTx, you are more likely to still have the best hand. Also, the pot is a significant increase to your stack, I'm not prepared to give it up just yet. Finally, do you really think 5 people are going to check this board all the way down? That's pretty unrealistic.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the flop is ATx, I'm going to check, but with KTx, you are more likely to still have the best hand. Also, the pot is a significant increase to your stack, I'm not prepared to give it up just yet. Finally, do you really think 5 people are going to check this board all the way down? That's pretty unrealistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is 8K in the pot and I have 11K left. I have some of my opponents covered, so I don't necessarily need to put in 11K.

There is a pretty good chance QQ is ahead on a KT7 flop, so I may be getting odds to put my money in.

When it was checked around and the turn was a 5, I had more reason to think I was ahead.

I think my turn bet was right. It's possible I should have bet the flop. I probably should have folded to the push on the turn.