Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which 2+2er could lead a country to war and win?
Evan 13 16.25%
Al Capone Jr. 28 35.00%
BisonBison 32 40.00%
PokerBob 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Should I keep driving Strippers?

Risk vs. reward is hard to calculate. Your triplets don't need a dead dad, but they don't need a poor one either -- quite the contrary. There's no reason they won't suck up a gigantic amount of money over time, maybe even real soon, as it's pretty common practice for even the few women who don't love going to the doctor like crazy to take their kids to the doctor like crazy for the first few years at least.

You'll probably be taking a big hit economically now, and if you don't do this job, you probably would be well advised to get another to replace it.

So the question might be not, this vs. no job, but this job vs another job. Do you think you can get another where the risk vs. reward is better?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did this for a summer- a couple of female freinds decided that they should be strippers (dumb). I got a simaler deal- like $40 per trip (drive 'em to a motel or residence, wait in the car while they did their thing, look threatening when the guy came to the door to let them in, etc). it was good money, but very uncomfortable and probably very risky.

There was never a problem with a customer, but i'm sure there would have been eventually. I think it's too risky to justify for that kind of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

My gig was kinda like that. But i was in at the parties. I collected her tip money, and helped drum up lap dances and nipple shots. I also made sure no one tried to SIIHP while she was doing her shows. Most of the money was made after the stage show/strip from the crowd tipping for dances and whip cream shots. I only had 2 real problems in 8 years, so I guess I was lucky...but I have seen my share of weapons and drugs...your right, it really isnt worth it in the long run.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:03 AM

life is too short. spend time with your family.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:18 AM

You're a man with 3 babies on the way...Suck it up
Old 10-07-2005, 12:20 AM

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
Old 10-07-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did this for a summer- a couple of female freinds decided that they should be strippers (dumb). I got a simaler deal- like $40 per trip (drive 'em to a motel or residence, wait in the car while they did their thing, look threatening when the guy came to the door to let them in, etc). it was good money, but very uncomfortable and probably very risky.

There was never a problem with a customer, but i'm sure there would have been eventually. I think it's too risky to justify for that kind of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

My gig was kinda like that. But i was in at the parties. I collected her tip money, and helped drum up lap dances and nipple shots. I also made sure no one tried to SIIHP while she was doing her shows. Most of the money was made after the stage show/strip from the crowd tipping for dances and whip cream shots. I only had 2 real problems in 8 years, so I guess I was lucky...but I have seen my share of weapons and drugs...your right, it really isnt worth it in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't get to read this post first. If it's dangerous then forget it. Your kids need you alive
Old 10-07-2005, 12:23 AM

Heh, heh, I thought you were just an exclusive Taxi driver for srtippers only. Now that the true nature of your job is clear you really should do something different.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:28 AM

LOL...i didnt see this going that way. i figured it would be a question: the wife wants me to quit, blah blah, when in actuality it is a question of 'should i start this crappy job again to help the wife and kids'

my answer: if it can provide a better life for your family, do the job if it won't drive you insane
Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 AM

what did you major in in college that led to this career path?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:43 AM

I guess you didnt read much of the post did you? If you need to know my college background I was a law enforcement major who did the cop thing for a few years, but then went back to school full time to learn the great world of IT. I am now a 2nd level technical analyst for a major car manufacturer...all that aside, I was doing the gig as a side job, not a career. Questions? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]