Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: fun w/ JTo. Side note, never play JTo

[ QUOTE ]
An interesting alternative for discussion might be to RERAISE to see what Villian will do. This will further define his hand and there is some change that HE will fold if he is holding TT and was "cleverly" slowplaying (folding with TT is, of course, an error because he has 8 outs to make a full house or quads) or a number of other holdings like KT, QT, JT, T9. If he caps it then he for sure has 89 (or awfully big huevos for a "passive" type). If he just calls it then depending on the river card there could be an opportunity to bluff on the river or check/call your top pair with the bigger pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being absurd.

He's not folding a set of tens (and I hope that gimmick post doesn't find its way back again).

If he's check-raising the turn with a pair of tens, he's probably not folding it to a 3-bet (probably with some 90% confidence).

A 3-bet is leaking as badly as calling twice. (Worse if you can't fold to a river donkbet.)
Old 10-06-2005, 04:49 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not folding a set of tens (and I hope that gimmick post doesn't find its way back again).

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is that supposed to mean?? Beginners keep quiet until you've learned the prevailing group think???

Honestly I don't know what a "gimmick post" is and why mine might be one? So maybe I am over reacting. Hopefully someone translate? Thanks.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:58 PM

A turn check-raise against two players more often than not says that your top pair, medium kicker is burnt beyond recognition. Unless you've got a read that villian is a relentless bluffer, dump it.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is that supposed to mean?? Beginners keep quiet until you've learned the prevailing group think???

Honestly I don't know what a "gimmick post" is and why mine might be one? So maybe I am over reacting. Hopefully someone translate? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there was a gimmick post about folding a set of tens a while ago. I think it was making fun of some WPT thing.