Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: A List of Changes that I Vow to Make

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1a. Bluffing is pretty much useless in micros. Value bet, value bet, value bet. If you are up against two players that are very passive and have low went to showdown %, then give it a shot every so often.

b. Again, about micros, but I disagree about it being wrong to bluff OOP. Halfway thinking opponents are more likely to put you on a bluff if you are in position.

c. Agreed

2. Bluffs are hardly of any value on the flop beyond setting up continuation to bluff on the turn and river. It's usually not until turn or river that your opponents will fold to a bluff.

3. Well yeah, if you're in micros and you're playing back with nothing, you will probably get burned. It's 90% about getting the most value for your hands, not outsmarting your opponents with tricky play.

4. If their aggression factor is low, then this is typcically true...on the turn or river. On the flop, if my hand is strong, check raisers get their sorry tails 3-betted. Also don't forget about halfway thinking players who checkraise to build pots on the flop when they have good draws.

5. If you can't handle the bad beats, then I suppose. Three in a row is nothing, it's all one big session. Toughen up mentally if it stings so much.

Those points may seem obvious, but a good deal of poker can be counter-intuitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope Nope Nope...all generalities.....You need a bit more rather than..."oh well in the 1/2 game you can do ths, and in 2/4 you cant do that"...BS!! What about fold equity, size of the pot...READS for Gods sake!
Read HPFAP's question and answer about bluffing, its in the back of the book.
Bluffing is useless in micros? Maybe you arent considering these things and this is YOUR leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

My generalization was that in micros, your opponents are typically calling down to the river too much, so bluffing doesn't work. Then I pointed out that if you have reads on them being a little tight, then to go ahead and try to bluff them out, if you have one or two opponents.

You think that is incorrect? Or are you just playing at micro that don't involve calling stations?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: A List of Changes that I Vow to Make

I think limiting yourself to "only" playing hands a certain way means that you've recently been losing and that you feel you need to tweek your game to a machine-like weak tight player.

Take the post-it off the desk and replace it with:
"Good things happen to me all the time..."

If that doesnt work, make this your desktop image or avatar:
http://www.pokerplayer.se/images/phil2.jpg