Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: why did party get rid of rakeback?

i've only been on party for a few weeks but i keep learning more and more about how great it is. today someone said htat he was set up because AA beat his A6. i laughed to myself picturing top secret party agents writing a program to make aces beat A6o with regularity ( also known as reality ).
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 AM

the only part of their site they would keep free of the skin players would be their multi table tourneys, and their jackpot games. The rest of the tables are populated by both Party and the skins.

I believe Empire gets as much as 80% of the rake after bonuses are deducted, at least in recent years. At one point they earned around 50%. Multi and Intertops and even Eurobet may not be as high as Empire. It could still be in Party's interest to acquire the skins and discontinue affiliate payments ala PokerNow.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Party didn't actually get rid of rakeback. Although I'm not sure if they allow as high a percentage as the skins do. Can anyone confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. You can still find rakeback at party.

Tuco.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:31 AM

Correct. You can still find rakeback at party.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuco is 100% correct. I would provide more details but I am confused as to what is allowed to be discussed here.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are very few recreational players playing on Empire, Eurobet, Multipoker and Intertops. Most of the players on these sites are playing to get rakeback. The skins account for about 10% of the total player base.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. If skins have 10 % of total player base = number of players, how many prosent of total volume of play in Party network comes from these players? Probably much higher percentage. Outside peak hours high volume players keep games running and Party really does not need props even on highest stakes.

Many companies have different brands for different customers. I understand if Party wants to keep "Party Poker" as high quality brand for recreational players.

At the moment i.e. Empire, Eurobet and Multibet attract high volume players and give them "volume discounts". Even though Party bought some of the skins they might just keep multiple brands for different customers.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:30 PM

Adam,

Party cracked down on rakeback, because their large non-rakeback affilates complained that their users were defecting!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a logical answer is greed. Here's my prediction for what they do in the future (based on nothing but ideas).

1. Buy out all the skins.
2. Enforce rakeback rules similar to what Party currently has in place.
3. Huge profit.

or

1. Allow more than 4 tables to be played at once.
2. Make more and more of the games Party specific (or completely separate from the skins).
3. Huge profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

u run goot