Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 2/4NL AK OOP Line check

[ QUOTE ]
continuation bet or were playing a scared KK or QQ. the river seems like a blocking bet/almost value bet with those hands. he's either trying to blow you off your hand or has a set . without a read, id think i was probably losing and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thoughts which is why I called. My play looks exactly like KK/QQ/TT: I reraised out of position preflop then played it scared thereafter on every street. There's no WAY he puts me on tp/tk or even any hand that will be willing to call an all in. That, I believe, is the key here: I don't think he would push since I can't call with the hands he puts me on. It makes his push worthless with a good hand (unless he's doing this reverse thinking on this level...doubt it).

Also,

1. A set or flopped 2 pair is VERY unlikely. I don't see why so many of you say that. Both of those types of hands either raise the flop or bet the turn every time against a preflop reraiser.
2. Any ace would be more than willing to just call the river here.
3. All draws that he could have potentially held ended up whiffing. This push is a common play for a missed draw against a player who has shown clear weakness.

Maybe I'm wrong here more than 50% of the time and you guys are right. But I just don't think so.

He held Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]