Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: FLOOR! What\'s the ruling?

While I think the ruling is completely incorrect, unless you're going to throw up or crap your pants why do you leave the table in the middle of a hand in which you are involved?!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While I think the ruling is completely incorrect, unless you're going to throw up or crap your pants why do you leave the table in the middle of a hand in which you are involved?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this guy watches poker on TV and sees players go all-in and stand up and pace around, thus he thinks it's ok during a low buy-in sit n go satellite to wander around the room till the hand is over.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:23 PM

the button sounds like a real [censored]
Old 10-05-2005, 12:30 PM

Thats a real bogus call, even if the player did (which he did) get up and walk away from the table. He had commited his hand by putting all his chips in to the pot. That means hes in the hand, by the button screaming that the guy was gone and that his hand needs to be declared dead is real crap! I would not of wanted to be the floor when the guy came back to find his hand was ruled dead.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM

If he was only gone 15-20 seconds, how far away from the table could he have gone? At what distance are you considered to have "left the table"??
Old 10-05-2005, 03:50 PM

I agree that it's an angle shoot but who knows what the house rules are? Maybe there is a list of posted rules including one that states, something along the lines of, "Any player with a live hand must remain at the table until the hand completes or his hand is ruled dead." For all we know this could be a player who broke a house rule and therefore lost. Either way, BB's a dicj, but it still may have been, for all we know right now, the correct ruling by the floor.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:55 PM

the guy is an idiot. would you ever go all-in and then leave the table? wait until the hand is over, then say "deal me out, i have to do something that requires me to leave the table."
Old 10-05-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy is an idiot. would you ever go all-in and then leave the table? wait until the hand is over, then say "deal me out, i have to do something that requires me to leave the table."

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't get dealt out of a tournament man...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:51 PM

If only this would happen to P. Hellmouth. Can't you just imagine his reaction? I'd pay to see that!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 10:40 AM

I agree with your point here. The player that briefly left the table pushed in so the cards should have been run to determine whether or not the player was eliminated