Default Re: Teacher Bias

Not sure on how ur teacher would react but maybe try argueing for both sides
Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Churn the BS. Grades > being right

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally wrong. I'd rather not be a sellout and get a worse grade.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is idiotic. It's a class paper. You're not selling out anything. Have you ever taken debate class? You have to argue whichever side you're assigned. It doesn't make you a sellout. Have you ever taken a literature class? They tell what they think the correct answers are. Putting the professor's answers down on the test doesn't make you a sellout just because you disagree with them.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is idiotic. It's a class paper. You're not selling out anything. Have you ever taken debate class? You have to argue whichever side you're assigned. It doesn't make you a sellout. Have you ever taken a literature class? They tell what they think the correct answers are. Putting the professor's answers down on the test doesn't make you a sellout just because you disagree with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could care less on how the professor sees my views as long as i get a good grade screw them.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a debate class. Read the OP next time. You are making absolutely no sense.

The problem here is that if it's a university professor then there's a strong possibility that she's liberal. This is bad news for you, since the media is liberally biased.

However, if you are a liberal as well, then your best bet is to bash FoxNews for being conservatively biased (when it really isn't, but any liberal professor would agree with you).

Is your professor hot? Usually hot women lean to the right.

Hope that helps.

I think it's fairly easy to cite examples of both liberal and conservative thought in the media. Compare and contrast Fox News and CNN...or describe the daily show...there are plenty of examples of liberal media out there to prove that side, but in doing so you should probably give examples of the conservative media as well...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a debate class. Read the OP next time. You are making absolutely no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the OP. It makes perfect sense.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the OP. It makes perfect sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a debate class. He is supposed to state his own opinion, not that of his professor. You are talking about something entirely different. You said you read the OP. If you did, your reading comprehension must be poor.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a debate class. He is supposed to state his own opinion, not that of his professor. You are talking about something entirely different. You said the OP. If you did, your reading comprehension must be poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's not a debate class. Why is he going to school? What purpose does it serve to go out of your way to get crappy grades? Doing something knowing it will will get you a crappy grade is not cool or "not selling out" it's just idiotic.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:58 AM

Here's my take on this, as a mass comm major.

You'll look brilliant if you can write a well-reasoned paper saying that the media is NEITHER, but that ownership tends to be conservative (not always, but think of Rupert Murdoch who owns tons of stuff), and that editors and reporters tend to lean liberal. Media tends to go left of center (you can easily find the record of which media outlet supported which candidate in the Presidential eleciton), but its really all about the bottom line in this day and age.

Really, I'm just throwing a bunch of crap we're talking about in my 416 class at the wall and seeing what sticks. Really though, screw the prof's position, especially considering you aren't sure. There's a high chance she leans left, but you can't be sure, so just write whatever you can find a good enough set of stats to report. If you get a lower grade than you think you deserve, take it to the department head, that tends to work much better than people think.