Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: AA hand. A flat call here?

I ended up calling here and the other guy called too. Flop come 3 non scare cards and I got all in and he called me with AQos. The other raiser had JJ and I won.

The reason I flat called here is that I am highly suspecious that he don't have a made hand here preflop and if I push also he will most likely fold. If I decide to just call he may be interested in a flop since the pot is so big. Also, it's a win win situation for me. If he folds, fine, he would have fold to a push aswell, if he calls, then thats great since I will push all in on the flop no matter what here. But yes, if he calls my call it's likely he would have called a push too but I want to give him the option to call here for as cheap as possible.

I have no idea why he called with AQos here though. I would either push or fold in his shoes...
Old 10-04-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: AA hand. A flat call here?

Don't matter, if he is willing to call for 2/3's of his stack, he is going all in on the flop. If you push, he is probably coming along too.

Most of the time I'd push, but I don't see a thing wrong with a flat call, suckering him into the pot where he is pot committed no matter what comes out.