Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Misplayed Rockets anytime? 30/60 Party

Hi,

Even if we assume the only hands he can hold are QQ and KK, the Q hitting makes it 2:1 that he has KK. Further, if we make this assumption, we don't have to pay off a check-raise.

I think there are other hands he can hold that may pay off as well. The river value bet is good.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 10-07-2005, 06:14 PM

Narrowing him down to exactly KK and QQ is silly, but fwiw even if that were true the fact that a Q fell on the river means he has KK twice as often as QQ anyway.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:27 AM

even if you include the possibility that he may hold something like a KJ, AJ, or AQ and might call, a check still might be the better play: for example, if you deduce that he holds KK 1/3 time, QQ 1/3 time, and possibly KJ AJ or AQs the other 1/3 of the time, now you win 1 bet two out of three times, but lose two bets once for a net profit of zero (0) bets. And note it is slightly statistically less probably for him to hold AQ or AJ, since you hold two aces.

-J
Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even if you include the possibility that he may hold something like a KJ, AJ, or AQ and might call, a check still might be the better play: for example, if you deduce that he holds KK 1/3 time, QQ 1/3 time, and possibly KJ AJ or AQs the other 1/3 of the time, now you win 1 bet two out of three times, but lose two bets once for a net profit of zero (0) bets. And note it is slightly statistically less probably for him to hold AQ or AJ, since you hold two aces.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

bet river.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:34 AM

give a man a high pocket pair over the board and he thinks he's invincable. lol.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
give a man a high pocket pair over the board and he thinks he's invincable. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you are quite good enough to post in this forum. maybe this will help you out: here
Old 10-05-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
give a man a voice and he thinks he has reasons.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
give a man a voice and he thinks he has reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give a man an avatar with a cellulite-riddled ass and he thinks he's smart...or something.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:35 AM

he doesn't have you beat anywhere near as often as 1/3... I don't know why im still posting in this thread

"bet river" seems like a better approach
Old 10-04-2005, 04:55 AM

Just out of curiousity, and I plugged some numbers in my spreadsheet, and it works out that, if you narrow his hands down to AQ, AJ, KK, or QQ, then given the cards dealt, he will have AQ about 20%, AJ about 20%, KK 30%, and QQ 30%. I ruled out KJ because only a moron would three bet this hand. So statistically, he still will have QQ about 1/3 times.
However, the original poster put that the SB just called, so I dont understand what he had. Could we see the results, please?

-J