Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2003, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Don\'t throw that away!

You need to keep your yap shut here. It's his responsibility to table his hand in a showdown, and if he chooses not to, there is nothing you can do about it, beginner or not. Once he puts his own hand face up on the table, then you have the right to correct any errors that the dealer may make reading the hands and pushing the pot.

Further, IMO his hand should have been considered mucked and no good.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:01 AM

I would have to say that what you did was bad form at the very least. In the card room that I play at if the dealer touches your cards once you've thrown them to the muck they are dead even if they aren't in the muck pile.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Clarification Please...

Did I read it correctly that he mucked BEFORE he called the river bet(on the river 10, you just put bet, with no call) and then took it back and called for the winner? If this is the case, this is absolutely inexcusable on your part and the dealer. Bettor should have called the floor and his hand should have been declared dead.

If he had called to showdown and mucked upon seeing the other guy's hand it is very bad form and you deserved to get grief, but IMO it is not as bad as if you talked him into calling the river.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:29 PM

Absolutely incorrect on your part. There is no gray area on this one. The decision to turn pocket cards face up is a player action, just like the decision to fold, raise or call. You can't tell him to do any of these things during the hand.

This weekend I watched a guy bet and a girl call on a board of AA33K. The guy said "I have nothing" and the girl showed JT. We all held our collective breath. The guy mucked. Aye carumba. After the muck, he was informed many times over that he just gave her half the to-be-chopped pot. But we couldn't tell him that until he had clearly mucked.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:25 PM

You gotta keep your yap shut unless he turns them up.

Did he even call the bet?

- Louie