Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: UB Sunday 200 - Tough Decision, or is it? RESULTS

misplayed preflop, why wouldnt you re-raise here?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
misplayed preflop, why wouldnt you re-raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man so many people just dont get it. You can frecking call here with QQ if you want, why is it a 'misplay'. Why on earth would you think its misplayed by the preflop call mistifies me. We are fairly deep here as well, especially for a tournament.

As far as the actual hand just go broke, what can you do once you see that flop. Put it all in on the turn in case villain has a set or a better overpair that would call the all in on the turn but might not put in another dollar on a bad river. Also he may be semibluffing with lots of hands so you need to stick it all in on the turn so that he calls it off with a pair+draw hand or just naked draw.

-Jason
Old 10-04-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: UB Sunday 200 - Tough Decision, or is it?

as strassa said, there's no shame in calling here preflop, especially with these stack sizes.

I'm going broke here every time.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM

Jason,

Are you saying that you like prefer the cold call or that you just don't think it's a bad line?

I'm trying to see both sides here. I can see the advantages of a cold call because it disguises the hand, keeps the out of position player leading and keeps the pot relatively small. But on the opposite side, I think a raise may eliminate a lot of hands that could easily outflop you (maybe too many). Do you really want to allow KQ-KT, AJ-AT in here cheap? Or are you more concerned with trying to win a large pot because of the deep stacks?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: UB Sunday 200 - Tough Decision, or is it?

Push it.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:00 PM

I mostly like to reraise PF because I'm out of position. A min-raise isn't a sign of strength and I don't want an Ax or Kx hand outflopping me for free. Nor do I want to deal with Axx or Kxx boards first to act each round, if I can help it. It's a way to avoid dealing with a difficult situation (OOP against a raiser whose hand strength is pretty undefined).
But it's not so certain that calling is a misplay and I think you go broke either way on that flop.