Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: ducks on the button... what\'s your play?

If you were in EP with a big stack, how would you guys play this hand? Raise 3xBBs or 5xBB or push? Say there is another stack yet to act which has you covered.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:34 PM

fold it.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's what the 10bb rule is all about... when you make a 3x bb raise w/ less than 10bb, you commit yourself to a push...

so yea oncee you raise you gotta call, but i would have pushed, don't let that guy think he has any fold equity over you.

plus w/ antes in there that's a nice sized pot already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is definatly push or fold country, you don't have enough to just raise. I push and hope nobody calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were in EP with a big stack, how would you guys play this hand? Raise 3xBBs or 5xBB or push? Say there is another stack yet to act which has you covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends-- how big is big? Size relative to the blinds and other stacks at the table is important. Stage of the tournament is important, too, as well as how the table has been playing.
If you give me more specific information I can come up with an answer. But without that all I can say is: mostly raise, call a push from a short stack getting good odds, don't tangle with the big stack if he decides to play, occasionally just fold if I think the circumstances aren't right... it's hard to say without more specific information.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:50 PM

Here's a fun question: what range are you pushing in hero's position?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like just folding this as you have a hand that is only dominated by a bigger pair and only two players to get by.

However, I wouldn't be against a flat call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line because you have already pushed twice this orbit and even calling a push is alot more likely from the BB. I think your FE is very very low.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:20 PM

It's pretty clear that I am in teh minority here, but I would just fold this one. Since you had pushed consecutive hands previously you are more likely to get a call. If you get called, you are either slightly ahead, or way behind. I would wait.

If you do raise though, you have to go all in, like someone said you dont want the BB to think they can get you to fold Gotta show em you mean business.

C-Dog
Old 10-03-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Is folding too weak/tight?

I agree that raising was the wrong play, it was late and wasn't the best decison but I guess my real question is... is it really that weak/tight to fold 22 in the spot? If i get called at BEST i'm 50/50 otherwise i'm 80/20 dog. Is 12 bb too low where you should be happy to get it in 50/50? What if you have 15x bb? do you still push here? 20? If you just raise and are put all in then what?

Just asking hypothetical situations here because I dont seem to play small pp's well.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Is folding too weak/tight?

I think the key to this hand for me, is that you had already raised a few times this round. It makes people a lot more likely to call you with weak holdings. If you had not already raised it up, then I would move it in, hoping to not get called.

C-Dog
Old 10-03-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Is folding too weak/tight?

For the folders, assign a calling range to the blinds, and run it through pokerstove. I bet you'll find a push is still +EV.