Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: 99 Set hand

i checked the turn because i suspected he hit his flush. the miniraise preflop is done a lot with pocket pairs, suited connectors, suited aces. his small bet on the flop was more looking to get a cheap turn card than a real continuation bet...i figured him for the diamond draw. when he called my overbet raise it had to be diamonds, TT, or JJ. i was pretty sure it was diamonds, since TT/TT would make a bigger bet looking to make money from other players with diamonds. i checked behind not for pot control or anything, but because i was drawing to fill up. i could actually have folded the river except there was some chance that he had a badly played AA or AJ or something.

maybe you guys didn't notice, but my raise was for half his stack...i was prepared to call his push on the flop, but i wanted it to reopen betting in case there were any callers that i'd want to reraise.

if he had bet or pushed the turn...i'd probably call...it would have only been $20 into a $50 pot...not really enough to fill up, but that plus the chance that i'm ahead would make a turn push a call for me.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: 99 Set hand

I like. Turn sucks. I don't even like sets in unraised pots too much with that flop.

What a moral victory though, eh?