Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Can you be a winning player without GT?

I am sure it is doable, but no matter how good he is, learning to use GT and PT well will ad very significantly to his winrate.

I personally would rather start with a 200BB bankroll and a new computer than with 300BB bankroll without having the benefits of GT. If he has the bankroll to play 5/10, he should by a new computer!

On the other hand - I would much rather meet him on the 5/10 tables without it :-)
Old 09-30-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have not played 5/10 but I have read here that that is the first limit where you cannot get by just by playing ABC poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must learn how to hand read and use all those neat lines and in the right situation.

I've 4-table 5/10 over a few 10k hands at some tight ass tables (Tiger Action Gaming). The only way I walked away with a decent win rate was because I played with the same 35-40 Players everytimes and learned how to attack their weaknesses.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:38 AM

HUD's are relatively recent developments in online poker. Many players won a lot of money without HUDS. I know some of you will claim that now that HUDs are out, everyone has one and you need one to keep up. I flatly rejectly this for obvious reasons.