Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: So I took the LSATs today....

[ QUOTE ]
How much are the logic problems worth in terms of the overall score of the test? I wonder if scoring perfect on the logic problems would be enough to get someone by for the exam. If the logic problems are 1/2 of the test, a person could not know anything at all about law, score 100% of the logic problems and 20% by randomly guessing the law problems and wind up with a score of 70%. Not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait... you have to know the law before you go to law school?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

The entire test is logic based (and reading comprehension), there is no law content at all.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:56 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

In general, I'd guess rocket scientists to do well. I think this sounds like a tremendous idea. OOT can certainly raise enough to roll you.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much are the logic problems worth in terms of the overall score of the test? I wonder if scoring perfect on the logic problems would be enough to get someone by for the exam. If the logic problems are 1/2 of the test, a person could not know anything at all about law, score 100% of the logic problems and 20% by randomly guessing the law problems and wind up with a score of 70%. Not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait... you have to know the law before you go to law school?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, look at those logical skills. You'll be aces!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of score would a guy like me get just going straight into the exam without studying for it? How about if I got one of those prep books maybe a week before the exam?

I'm kind of curious how I'd do. I think the only thing that's really keeping me from doing it is I don't care to blow $100 or whatever it is just to take an exam I don't have any use for. If someone wants to bankroll me for this, I'll post a trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Test taking is a discrete skill, like any other. Realize that many people take courses, some expensive, some repeatedly, some excellent, to pass and score highly on this test. I would expect this test to be adjusted upward in difficulty accordingly. Therefore, you will be starting off behind the bulk of your competition in some ways, and would have to make up for same by being overall better than they are just to break even with them.

If you are indeed notably smarter and/or better at the sort of material you'd find in the LSAT than others who take it are, perhaps it will show. But you're starting off handicapped if you don't have the intensive preparation your competitors will have.

I could be wrong; just my take on it.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of score would a guy like me get just going straight into the exam without studying for it? How about if I got one of those prep books maybe a week before the exam?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always been really curious about how I'd do on it too.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:59 PM

This reminds me. I can probably go take the PE now. I should get on that.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:43 PM

my housemate is taking the lsat on saturday. she moved in on july 1st and she has studied at least 2 hours a day since. i dont know what i would even be studying at this point. i checked out the books and it doesnt seem incredibly hard. the shitty part is that on monday she asked, "since im taking the lsat on sunday, im gonna be going to bed at 10 and waking up at 6 all week, so can you not have people over at night this week?". i initially agreed, but ive since realized what a stupid request it was, especially since shes had her boyfriend over past 10 every night this week. i hate when people do [censored] like that. "hey, i=WAYYYYYY more important than anyone else".

rj
Old 09-29-2005, 06:00 PM

When I took the LSAT, logic questions were 1/2 the test. 1/4 of the test were those logic problems, i.e., Sally is to the right of Sam, Chris, who wears a blue hat, is two away from Sally, the red hat is next to Sam. Who wears the red hat kind of crap. The other 1/4 is reading comprehension. Perfect score 180.

Anyone thinking of taking it to become a laywer, dont.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone thinking of taking it to become a laywer, dont.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about those of us who just want to take it for fun?