Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: QQ with AA flop

I bet the river.

Figure he was calling your bluff.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:55 PM

I like betting out in this situation. You have successfully defined your hand. If you had only called, you would have had to guess about whether or not you were ahead after the flop.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:57 PM

i think i'm folding this one - gotta hope to catch a Q and then also hope the board doesnt pair to pull this one off if he has KK or Ax.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:00 PM

If you bet the flop, you'd better not be calling down.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Aaron. I don't mind c/cing down but I don't think this guy raises us with JJ or is this big of a LAG 1 time in 4. Even if we assume that he raises JJ like 2/3 of the time that he has it (which is generous IMO) my quick estimate (sorry, no time to run actual numbers right now) says calling down is -EV.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:07 PM

Hmm, if you run it with JJ-AA AKs-AQs and AKo, hero is behind. Maybe those aren't reasonable after villian checks the turn. I'm not sure how to read that other than he might have got a little nuts on the flop trying to steal this one without an ace and now is scared.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Aaron. I don't mind c/cing down but I don't think this guy raises us with JJ or is this big of a LAG 1 time in 4. Even if we assume that he raises JJ like 2/3 of the time that he has it (which is generous IMO) my quick estimate (sorry, no time to run actual numbers right now) says calling down is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this gets raised by a lot of pocket pairs. I think not calling down is a pretty big mistake.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this gets raised by a lot of pocket pairs. I think not calling down is a pretty big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of pocket pairs that also cap pf?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:26 PM

Wow, you guys.

The only thing more we know about Button than we did pre-flop is that he doesn't believe we have an Ace. Calling down is terrible because we give cheap cards to not 1 but 2 people if we are ahead. If it were HU on this flop I would consider WA/WB against an unknown.

I don't bet this flop, I check-raise it. Considering that we bet, I 3-bet in hopes of driving out the CO. If CO comes along or button caps, a Turn fold is probably in order.

I think that's what Aaron was getting at, otherwise I missed something.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of pocket pairs that also cap pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as PP, I was thinking JJ or 1010.

I play 1/2 at Party exclusively so maybe I'm basing too much on the play there. Also I have a decent PT database, and I have found that someone being unknown makes it more likely for them to be a new/bad player.

Two days ago I had unknown cap my 3-bet with A8o. Yesterday I had a guy with decent stats cap AJo after I 3bet him with AK.

I would not have lead the flop but IMO I think that the flop raise tells us nothing and folding is bad.