Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: 20/40 AA vs 2 tags

[ QUOTE ]
why are you ruling out a hand like KQs or KJs for kazofa?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're right.

not sure whether that changes my answer here or not. you can't really expect him to go anywhere with tpgk, regardless of the action but you don't want to let him draw cheaply if you're ahead. i think you're right in that raising the flop is the best play. we're ahead too often here.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:46 PM

I think one thing that needs to be considered more is what they will put me on if I raise, and what will they put me on if I call. I don't just mean basic hand reading, but the whole they know that I know that they know levels of thinking range.

Also, keep in mind if I flatcall, kazofa is getting, what, 14:1? Do I have him drawing to runners often enough here to flatcall? What will he call with getting 7:1 if I raise?

-DrG
Old 09-29-2005, 03:52 PM

I definitely raise. The pot is already big and you likely have the best hand although it is very vulnerable.

Cartman
Old 09-29-2005, 04:54 PM

raise. I think it's easy. I think a 2 outer will fold but letting him draw is bad. I think you will get a lot of action from some hands you beat. I can't see not putting in a raise at some point. Calling down with an overpair without action indicating you are screwed is bad.

Krishan
Old 09-29-2005, 05:46 PM

Default results + more

[ QUOTE ]
raise. I think it's easy. I think a 2 outer will fold but letting him draw is bad. I think you will get a lot of action from some hands you beat. I can't see not putting in a raise at some point. Calling down with an overpair without action indicating you are screwed is bad.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much exactly my reasoning for when I did in fact raise - with the additional possibility of getting overplayed action from something like QQ/JJ if they thought that I would not raise here with AK/AA waiting for bigger streets. In addition, they may be tied to the pot if I play fast on the flop, while they may let it go on the turn to a raise.

In this case though, kazofa quickly folded, as did spitbet - oh well. I suspect I'm not getting much action from hands as weak as theirs in this spot regardless.

-DrG
Old 09-29-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt raising the turn be way better then?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:55 PM

I'd call on the flop and if kazofa folds, I'd call the turn and raise the river vs. spitbet.

If Kazofa stays in the hand I'd raise any turn.

I don't know why we want kazofa to fold a 2-outer, he's not getting adequate odds to call. Also, I think letting spitbet keep the lead and stay in the hand is going to win more money than it loses you when he draws out.

Interesting hand. Do you mind PMing me your Party nickname? I'll reciprocate, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know why we want kazofa to fold a 2-outer, he's not getting adequate odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say for sure he is.

Edit: Well it looks like 15-1. I imagine he'll make up 3BB if he hits a set against us.

Krishan
Old 09-29-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say for sure he is [getting adequate odds to call].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right actually. He should be able to make 3.25 BB on the later streets if you give him 43:2 odds instead of 45:2 which requires 4.25(which I used when I first thought through the calculation).
Old 09-29-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say for sure he is [getting adequate odds to call].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right actually. He should be able to make 3.25 BB on the later streets if you give him 43:2 odds instead of 45:2 which requires 4.25(which I used when I first thought through the calculation).

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone know the hand posted a few weeks ago that some (top level) player played and basically went for overcalls on every street? that hand in combination to the fact that we are really way far ahead or drawing nearly dead makes me just want to call down...

if i have to raise i raise the turn no?