Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Another Good Opportunity

didn't read every word of thread.... but i too see N.O. winning first game on emotion... and then huge letdown, especially now you consider they are out of national spotlight and reality (about everything) is probably setting in. i feel sorry for the players.

buffalo is no great shakes either... what is plus minus here??
Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't read every word of thread.... but i too see N.O. winning first game on emotion... and then huge letdown, especially now you consider they are out of national spotlight and reality (about everything) is probably setting in. i feel sorry for the players.

buffalo is no great shakes either... what is plus minus here??

[/ QUOTE ]

The over/under is 39.5 or 40. I like the under, but according to someone I count on for picks, he likes the over. So, I have no strong opinion on that.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong about Losman, but I still can't remember seeing a starting QB in this league that is worse than him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all QBs suffer in their first year under center -- Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman come to mind immediately. The Big Ben's of the NFL are few and far between. Losman may be a good QB in time but betting against rookie QBs, especially early in their first seasons, is probably a darn good idea if the line does not reflect their inexperience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Syg, Losman is different. Have you watched him? Here's his problem. He doesn't have a strong arm naturally. He can throw the short passes accurately, but to throw the difficult passes (the long outs, etc.), he actually has to put a hitch in his throw (ala Kerry Collins (who has a hitch on "every" pass)). Thus, he actually throws the ball 2 different ways depending on how hard he has to throw it. As a result of the hitch, his strong passes are incredibly inaccurate. This is not something that will be corrected any time soon. I predict he will be a 2nd or 3rd string QB at best after this year and never be a starter again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never saw him at Tulane and don't know anything about his arm strength. I'll take your word for it. As it is, the question is merely whether lines reflects Losman's current ability -- if they don't, betting against him is probably a pretty smart angle.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am no expert handicapper, but I put New Orleans at about 5 or 6 pt favorites over Buffalo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take Buffalo +5 against you. I'm a noob at this, but I'll put down $10. PM me for details.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Losman has looked bad so far this year but I am willing to bet that Mularkey is willing to pull the trigger on Holcomb if needed very soon.

Also, where is all this stuff about an unnaturally strong throwing arm coming from? Any scounting report read about the guy says he has a very strong arm that can make any throw on the field.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:20 PM

Sorry toast, was hammer trashed last night.. my bad.. but in any case the Saints play football about as good as I would have last night. I just think they got that week 1 win on some crucial panther mistakes and emotion. I think they may win about 5 games on the year and I dont think this will be one of them. IMO.. (but the way the season is going they'll probably end up in the superbowl)
Old 09-29-2005, 05:22 PM

No harm no foul.
I hope you are wrong, however.