Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Flopped the nuts. Ugly turn. How can I stack him there?

NL25 6 max. Villian is a typical 25 player. Overplays one pair hands(esp. TPTK), cant get away from good hands when he knows he's beaten, e.t.c. But not an idiot. He has about 35, I cover.

I've been raising only premium hands
(about 2% pfr I think [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and decide to mix it up a little.

All fold to me in CO, and raise to 1.5$ with
K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Button folds, SB folds, Villian calls in BB

Flop(~3$)

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian bets 2.

Great. He has AK or 2 pair/set, maybe A10, definately not a flush draw. I'm thinking of making a raise to say 6 right here, but I'm afraid he might put me on AA/JJ/QQ. (I've been raising only premium hands and like I said he's no idiot).
So I decide to call and pray for the turn not to be a diamond(or a broadway card for that matter).

Turn(~7$)

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Great. I screwed up.

Villian bets 3. This is definately 2 pair. I decide that I'm going to puke over half the deck that may fall on the river, so I raise to 8 and pray that he pushes or calls.

Villian folds.

Questions:

1) Would a raise on the flop be a better line?
2) Maybe I should just call the turn and hope it bricks. Another diamond probably won't help him anyway and i still can extact another 3-5 bucks from him...

So, whats your oppinion?