Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: A couple of hands ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: ...Although I would have bet out. You have a strong enough hand to do so and clearing up some overcards, should UTG1 raise, is not a bad thing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you want the other two to come along as you draw to the flush? You'll allow some overcards in, but you're increasing your pot and implied odds (not to mention the total dollars you'll win) if you hit the flush.

I like the way OP did it. Check, get PF aggressor to bet, two calls, raise with the intention of having the callers have to call just one more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]There are certainly different ways to play this hand which are all correct. In his case, the added 5 and T outs are juicy enough to make a bet and not mind getting raised more correct. A key thing to look at is the other players called two bets cold preflop. What makes you think they won't call two bets cold on the flop also? (Pretend you don't know the flop results yet) Of course, if that happens, hero can opt to 3-bet if he's feeling lucky.

On the same note, as for the the players behind the pf raiser, they cold-called pf. They most likely have an ace or some type of pp. It may behoove hero to get it headsup. The pot is plenty and he should take the lead in this hand. Should pf raiser have a big pp, so be it. But I would be pissed if my disillusion of my flush draw allows someone to catch their ace on the turn. Oops, there it is!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A key thing to look at is the other players called two bets cold preflop. What makes you think they won't call two bets cold on the flop also?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to this part, I find if people are in for 2 pre-flop (no matter how bad calling two was) they don't have the discipline to fold for 2 more...or they see the pot odds and figure it's a good play.

Facing two bets without having bet yet on the flop would be tougher for them to call, I believe. It's easier to get me to fold that way.

Like you said, there are many ways to do it. I guess I'm thinking more toward making the flush and settling for two pair/trips if it happens.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM

Hand 1
Some people limp in with KQo UTG, however i personally like raising with it to try and knock out some ace rags depending on the texture of the game. Not too sure about the cap. I think flop, turn and river all fine.

Hand 2
Don't like the call in 1st place - you've gotta hit this flop pretty hard to feel good about your hand. As for protecting your hand you fail miserably. Think you should re(read) this section in SSH. You need to trap people for 2 bets not an extra bet, all you are doing here is increasing size of the pot for people to stay in till later streets and draw out on you. As for the river, you're giving you're opponent 9.25-1 to call your bet here, which after you checked the turn showing weakness he's prob gonna do most of the time.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 PM

With hand 2 he probably won't win unless he improves to a flush, two-pair, or trips. With that said, why do you want to make others face two bets cold? Playing a draw heads-up against someone with a strong hand isn't my idea of a great plan. Keeping others in the hand will be more profitable.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:36 PM

Hand one I do not cap preflop. Post flop looks like it was played fine, except postflop would look different if you hadn't capped preflop I assume.

Hand two I like the trap on the flop, but I cap when it's back to me. I also bet the turn.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:57 PM

*grunch*

I hate capping with KQo preflop. There's only one person jammed between you and villain, so isolation isn't that important. Had this been your action a flop C/R would be in order, but I think capping makes a bet on the flop ok. I also bet the river.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1

UTG+2 appears solid - in that he has shown down several hands and has always had the goods. He's aggressive and I haven't seen him get out of line

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord...you capped against a solid-looking player pre-flop with KQo...yikes.

That said, the rest of the hand looks fine. You probably got beat on the river.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
-DP

[/ QUOTE ]

I could take or leave it pre-flop. Since it's suited and you close the betting, I can't fault you for taking a shot.

I like the check-raise on the flop. If UTG+1 didn't 3-bet you'd have gotten 4 SBs total from those other two callers.

I'd lean to checking the turn as well. But with likely 14 outs to the best hand (and you could be leading already), a bet is not terrible.

On the river I'd check it down if I didn't bet the turn. Based on your read it's 99.5% the 2 didn't really help him. Would he pay off with KQs unimproved?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:41 PM

Gruching...

Hand 1 - Hate the pre-flop cap
Hand 2 - I'd check river and hope he'll check behind his JJ-KK
Old 09-29-2005, 07:50 PM

bad player telling you how to play hold'em:

"well preflop comes and you put in your call, some people raise but i don't think it's a good idea"

"now when the flop comes and you know what your hand is, you can call if you have a draw or now is a decent time to fold if you don't want to keep going"