Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: adolf hitler, i mean andrew jackson\'s

Columbus did not intend for disease to wipe out the Indians. He did intend to enslave them from the moment he first set eyes on them.

"It appears to me, that the people are ingenious, and would be good servants and I am of opinion that they would very readily become Christians, as they appear to have no religion. They very quickly learn such words as are spoken to them. If it please our Lord, I intend at my return to carry home six of them to your Highnesses, that they may learn our language."
Old 09-28-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Columbus did not intend for disease to wipe out the Indians. He did intend to enslave them from the moment he first set eyes on them.

"It appears to me, that the people are ingenious, and would be good servants and I am of opinion that they would very readily become Christians, as they appear to have no religion. They very quickly learn such words as are spoken to them. If it please our Lord, I intend at my return to carry home six of them to your Highnesses, that they may learn our language."

[/ QUOTE ]

Related, though about the Arawaks of the Bahama's, "They were well built, with good bodies and handsome features...They would make fine servants...With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."
Old 09-28-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
face is on our currency. in school we learn about the good things he did to make our country stronger and how he was going to hang his VP from the first tree he could find, and the teacher will also read the small paragraph at the buttom with talks about his negative actions against the indians (it leaves out some of the more cute tidbits like how he used to wear clothing made from the indians bodies, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for pointing that out. I just went outside and burned all my $20 bills in protest. I feel like a new man, and I'm sure I will be able to sleep better tonight. I now can't afford to eat, but I will be able to sleep.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the worst lie is that Columbus discovered America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us have gotten beyond the second grade:

[ QUOTE ]
More importantly it's hard to say someone "discovered" a continent that was already full of indigenous people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that I had just discovered a new Mexican restaurant in town, but I now see the error of my ways. Since it was already full of people (I don't know if they were indigenous, but about half of them were intoxicated), I obviously didn't discover it.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:07 PM

What makes him Adolf Hitler? Those same textbooks you read also conditioned you to believe Hitler was the worst person ever to live. Society then has cultured you to associate anything bad with Hitler.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:12 PM

How many presidents have we had that were actually "GOOD" people? How many modern-day CEOs and world leaders are actually "GOOD" people? I mean good like sunday-school teacher "GOOD?" Perhaps u could argue Jimmy Carter but not many others come to mind. Who do you want us to put on the currency? Necessary evils are what made this country the powerhouse that it is. These men were the movers and shakers that built america and even if they are burning in hell right now they are the right people to put on the currency. They are american history, even if they were unethical or unjust.

Indy
Old 09-28-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: In Defence of Andrew Jackson

Damn Injuns' deserved to be almost completely wiped off the planet!
I would compare Andrew Jackson's war against the Creeks with the Allies war against Nazi Germany. Defeating Nazi Germany was a necessity BUT the allies did some VERY barbaric things such as the fire bombing of Dresden. Like FDR/Churchill, Andrew Jackson crossed the line with regard to civilize behavior but the murderous/genocidal actions of the Creek tribe made the Creeks a prime target of American revenge.... There are many American indian tribes that deserve sympathy for being victimize by early American settlers....but the Creek tribe is not one of these groups.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: In Defence of Andrew Jackson

So your defense of AJ was that some of the victims of his genocide "deserved it"?

How many different tribes were represented by the group forced to march the "trail of tears"? How many minor villages were wiped out without being recorded by historians by the troops sent by jackson into the territory?

Your ability to rationalize calling a man a hero, and accepting a proud legacy from him is disturbing because the creeks were dirty savages who used barbaric tactics and had it coming.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:42 PM

You avatar [censored] sucks.

BTW I'm at 48th and College- where are you?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Nazis Telethon: Please Send Money to Support the Victims of

.......FDR/Churchill.

Based on your reasoning, you should feel sorry for the Nazis that were killed by some of the immoral tactics approved by FDR/Churchill. Call me cynical but some how I doubt I'll ever see you make a post in sympathy of the Nazis.