Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: 2 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed on the first but AJ in the SB? Only 50 more to call. I think that one is worth a flop for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your postflop play is outstanding, then you may be ok to call for 50 here but most players would lay this one down. This is too much action for AJo when you're first to act on every round. I think most would agree that after this many cold callers you could easily be dominated and never know until it's too late. It would probably be ok to complete in an unraised pot, but not in this case imho. I'd be curious to hear some takes on the "dead money" in the pot from the cold callers, however....

Another thing to consider is that you aren't ending the betting round and there's two people left to act after you. If one of the 2 people behind you reraises, lets say the size of the pot, how does your AJo look now?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: 2 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
see alot of flops. It's one of my errors in my game, I don't mean I like to see flop with 3-9os but you get the point. Any hand that can make me a good one and isn't UTG or UTG+1 or so I usually call with when the blinds is this low.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're better off calling with 3-9offsuit than A-6o (if they were suited you could at least make a flush!...maybe). Calling with any ace is a huge mistake.