Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Intelligent Design isn\'t falsifiable, plus we\'ve already falsified

This is partly why I thought kidluckee was younger than 33.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Intelligent Design isn\'t falsifiable, plus we\'ve already falsified

[ QUOTE ]
This is partly why I thought kidluckee was younger than 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely, the only people who thought that were the people whose positions he is constantly point out as untenable.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Intelligent Design isn\'t falsifiable, plus we\'ve already falsified it

I don’t really know much (anything) about Intelligent Design. But from what I read in the link inside the link here can it be describe like this:

ID is basically a theory that God ( or some thing) created a “computer program” and then he created the first cell to start evolution and that program is called DNA.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Intelligent Design isn\'t falsifiable, plus we\'ve already falsified it

Nope, the whole point of intelligent design is that it is supposed to discount evolution. They argue that the sort of complexity that we see all round us in plants and animals could not possibly have come about through evolution. The classic ID example of this is the 'eye' - they (the IDers) try to argue that it is only useful as a whole complete organ and so no evolutionary stage in between could have come about. I won't go into the counter arguments for this, as they are pretty straight-forward for anyone who has even a basic understanding of evolution.