Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Catholic faith a Cult?
Yes 22 57.89%
No 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Does poker apply to politics? Mamet\'s article

[ QUOTE ]
If poker were like politics the players would be competing over who could bribe the dealer the most to give them the best cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes it appears to me that that's the game, whoever tips the dealer best is dealt the best cards

i'm sorry i posted this here and not in politics. i'm a newbie and i didn't see the politics forum at first

my apologies

whoever said they read Caro's Poker Without Cards is bluffing for an imaginary pot because there has not been such a book
Old 09-30-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If poker were like politics the players would be competing over who could bribe the dealer the most to give them the best cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but the dealers would be bribing the players to bribe them with the most money in order so that they give the best cards away. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Everyone here should read America the book: a look at Democracy Inaction, by Jon Stewart and the writers of the Daily Show.

Rusty.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:46 PM

It sayw on Amazon that the book is about you, Howie.

Rusty.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:58 PM

Howdy,

i'm a moderate Democrat, leaning toward Liberal (I'm for legalizing it). Anyway, I'd given much thought to the Democrats getting more aggressive, and that would have worked a year ago. Right now, I'd say that the Republican party is on tilt. Just look the war is getting extremely unpopular, the Valerie Plaime "Memogate" scandal is still in the air, Bush's approval rating is the lowest it's been his entire term, Bush's incompetence had light shown on it after the whole FEMA and Mike Brown disaster with the Katrina aid, Tom DeLay is getting "hammered" for campaign finance contribution law infractions, and I hear that Dick Cheney bought new gates for the White House, an act that was not approved by Congress, or as the media calls it "Gategate"*. And the terrible spinning by Scott McClellan of "Gategate" has spurred "Gategategate"**. Should the Democrats wait for their first good hand, and jam with it? I'd say so.

And the Dems need someone with a spine. I don't care if they have to find someone who actually has one, make one prosthetically, or borrow Bill Clinton's! Just get a friggin' spine.

I'd support any competent Democrat, or John McCain. Just as long as we get the wackos out of office.

Rusty.

P.S. "We need Conservatives that can accept gays, and we need Hippies that shave and bathe." -Patton Oswalt

*Does not exist
**Based off something that does not exist, but actually does***
***That was a lie, or was it a bluff?****
****Okay, it was a lie, and what's more a bad attempt at humor.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Bill Clinton had a spine?

Gall yes, spine no.

One of the reasons for his high popularity was due to his NO spine. He was one of the most poll driven President's ever. He came into office as a big liberal and when that didn't work (1994 congressional elections) he spent the rest of his Presidency with a pretty moderate agenda, because he felt the winds were blowing that way.

Smart, yes. Effective, maybe. Spine, never.

Having a spine can be good and bad, Bush has a huge spine (and balls) and many would argue that's bad because he's wrong about stuff and complete too stubborn to care what anyone else thinks.

Politics is funny. We want politicians with integrity, but we also want access. We want them to have convictions, but want them to do what we wanna do, etc etc.

If we aren't careful this thread will get shipped to the politics forum.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It sayw on Amazon that the book is about you, Howie.

Rusty.

[/ QUOTE ]

you were looking here ?

Mike Caro and I have books of the same title. I received a PM from somebody pissed at my shameless self promotion.

You can get a free copy of my book under the download section... here's the free version of my PWC