Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Who Won tonight\'s ultimate fighter? (ASKING FOR SPOILER)

[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered that challenge. That was pretty amazing that he stood that long with that guy climbing all around him like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought that:

a) Rich Franklin was a bitch for forfeiting.

b) Doing the challenge like that was weak, and obviously they (Dana/Randy/whoever) didn't give it enough thought. Both teams should have gone at the same time.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a Rashad - Matt brawl would be sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

and Rashad would get the [censored] kicked out of him. Now Matt Hughes might not be able to do his normal slams against rashad, but he is a vastly superior wrestler and is very quick. THe only thing rashad would have on matt is about 40 lbs, but the heavyweights in this year's comp aren't all that good, Dana White really struggled to find enough heavyweights to fill it out
Old 09-27-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered that challenge. That was pretty amazing that he stood that long with that guy climbing all around him like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought that:

b) Doing the challenge like that was weak, and obviously they (Dana/Randy/whoever) didn't give it enough thought. Both teams should have gone at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree... Rich was pretty smart. I think he realised that the fight would probably be the same anyway.

Jorge was going to fight regardless, so he kept Jorge fresh, plus one of his heavyweights.

I do agree though that the challenge should of had them going at the same time.

I still can't believe that the heavyweight dude was able to hold him up for 2 hours while he climbed all over him!
Old 09-27-2005, 01:18 PM

[quotea Rashad - Matt brawl would be sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe.. but it would end in like 2 minutes. Matt Hughes would obliterate his ass right now. Rashad would be choked out in no time. Matt would shoot the legs, probably STILL slam him, get his back, rear naked choke, the END!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a Rashad - Matt brawl would be sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

and Rashad would get the [censored] kicked out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you'd find anyone to dispute that, probably not even Rashad.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now Matt Hughes might not be able to do his normal slams against rashad, but he is a vastly superior wrestler and is very quick. THe only thing rashad would have on matt is about 40 lbs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Word has it that Matt had no problem picking up Tim Sylvia (~6'7" 280lbs) and carrying him accross the mat to slam him down. This happened during training and not in a real fight.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought that:

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree... Rich was pretty smart. I think he realised that the fight would probably be the same anyway.

Jorge was going to fight regardless, so he kept Jorge fresh, plus one of his heavyweights.

I do agree though that the challenge should of had them going at the same time.

I still can't believe that the heavyweight dude was able to hold him up for 2 hours while he climbed all over him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think of it as Rich having position on Matt's team. If Rich's team had tried the challenge there was a good chance (better than 50/50) that they would not win it. This would leave them with a very worn-out middleweight who would then be chosen to fight because the winning team decides.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:56 PM

I think everyone can understand the strategy. It's just BS that they didn't have them go at the same time. I seriously doubt they took into consideration the possibility of a forfeit.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone can understand the strategy. It's just BS that they didn't have them go at the same time. I seriously doubt they took into consideration the possibility of a forfeit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now Matt Hughes might not be able to do his normal slams against rashad, but he is a vastly superior wrestler and is very quick. THe only thing rashad would have on matt is about 40 lbs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Word has it that Matt had no problem picking up Tim Sylvia (~6'7" 280lbs) and carrying him accross the mat to slam him down. This happened during training and not in a real fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true(and I don't doubt it) then I think matt would beat him in under two minutes, considering that he more then handled Frank Trigg and Carlos Newton in their fights and both of those guys are much better wrestlers then Rashad. I know he has dispatched a few good strikers too, I just forget who at this time.

the problem is, is that it is very hard to find good heavyweights in fighting, and when you do, they mostly go to PRIDE because PRIDE can give them more money, and Rashad isn't one of the better Heavyweights there, IMO the best heavy had to leave because of a Knee injury at the begining