Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Valuebetting queen high

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a bit biased for betting them.

[/ QUOTE ]

any good pointers btw? prolly part of the reason my river aggression is pretty low (1.75ish) is because i miss a few value bets in these spots.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:42 AM

no, not really... they're usually just a spur of the moment type of thing. if end up on the river without a pair, with reason to believe i still have the best hand, against an opponent who i have reason to believe is capable of calling with a worse hand, and i know how to react if he raises, then i'll bet. it doesn't happen too frequently anymore. i will say don't do it if you're not sure what to do if he raises, and if you're doing it out of position just remember that your opponent has to have a worse hand and be willing to call with as well... sometimes people take this too far and bet where they would've been better inducing a bluff. not everyone will make a river call without a pair.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no, not really... they're usually just a spur of the moment type of thing. if end up on the river without a pair, with reason to believe i still have the best hand, against an opponent who i have reason to believe is capable of calling with a worse hand, and i know how to react if he raises, then i'll bet. it doesn't happen too frequently anymore. i will say don't do it if you're not sure what to do if he raises, and if you're doing it out of position just remember that your opponent has to have a worse hand and be willing to call with as well... sometimes people take this too far and bet where they would've been better inducing a bluff. not everyone will make a river call without a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty much all the same things i think about. im gonna go through my last month and find the last time i value bet high card hands and see what situations i did that in
Old 09-27-2005, 12:44 AM

i dont think i can fold to a raise if the TAG SB is the raiser. it really looks like im just trying to steal the pot because its obvious i would have bet an A or K at this point. he could be restealing with some small PP. i think its more likely that that is the case then him actually checking a boat for 3 straight streets.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:50 AM

ok, i've just gotten this hand totally wrong... so you raise on the button and the TAG 3-bets preflop. in that case yes i'm calling if he raises. no he's not checking all 3 streets with a boat, and yes obviously he doesn't think you'd check the first two with one either.

i don't know what kind of fish the bb is, but calling a raise from him is pretty read dependent i guess.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:52 AM

ill post results because they fascinated me.

i bet, SB checkraised and i make the call. he shows some Ax combination for the triple check with a boat. wowz.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ill post results because they fascinated me.

i bet, SB checkraised and i make the call. he shows some Ax combination for the triple check with a boat. wowz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for him. I would have probably bet there too given the action. Werid line.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:55 AM

This can't be a value bet unless BB is way worse than a fish (I'm thinking South Park's Timmy here), since nobody with less than a Q will call. Check/calling to induce a bluff is a much better play.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This can't be a value bet unless BB is way worse than a fish (I'm thinking South Park's Timmy here), since nobody with less than a Q will call. Check/calling to induce a bluff is a much better play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has position. I check this river through. If preflop wasn't action packed I'll find a turn bet.

Krishan
Old 09-27-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right you are. Like you say, still just check it through. How much would it suck to get raised?