Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Play by play hand AK

Hey Wookie how do you reply to a post without adding content like you just did? When I tried to do that it said I didn't have any content ...
Old 09-26-2005, 04:28 PM

Man, everyone is so ahead of you here. Call the raise, I think that's clear.

I am, however, a little annoyed that we don't have a read. That makes this much tougher on the turn (Unless, of course, we hit our A or K)
Old 09-26-2005, 04:32 PM

Well since everybody somehow managed to read a post that was up for around 30sec. I will continue, lol.

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks

Please state why do what you do now since its getting tricky(atleast for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )
Old 09-26-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Wookie how do you reply to a post without adding content like you just did? When I tried to do that it said I didn't have any content ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You use the quote button instead of the reply button.

As for this play, I think I bet as the last money I'm putting into the pot. If we check, we're pretty much obligated to call a river bet since we have played to induce a bluff. So, we plan on putting in another bet, and I don't want to give a free card to a hand that probably has at least 6 outs against us if we're ahead (a flush draw is also a likely possibility). Also, with no read, I assume that most opponents aren't tricky/stupid enough to check/raise two streets in a row. If I don't know them, they won't know me, and thus they don't know me as a relentless value bettor. I check behind on the river because if we're called here, we're not going to get called by hands we beat often enough on the river unless I had a read that villain loves to call me with Q high.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:40 PM

Is he abandoning his former aggression, or is he setting up for a possible trifecta?? The world may never know, at least until you bet.

If you check, he will bet any river. You will be faced with a very tough decision. However.

If you bet, he will either fold (yay!), call, or raise. If he calls and checks to you, check through the river U/I. If he raises you here, I think you can safely throw this away.

If he calls the turn bet and then bets the river, your decision depends very much on the river card, so no help there.

I like bet/fold here, but I am a lot never at this playalong stuff than many of the other posters, so I could use the help with my thought process as well.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well since everybody somehow managed to read a post that was up for around 30sec. I will continue, lol.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks

Please state why do what you do now since its getting tricky(atleast for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy check. Free cards are nice, especially if they're willing to give them. He could have a flush draw (which you don't) and giving a free card sucks, but I'd venture to say he has a smaller PP and wants to fold over cards.

Anybody (ahem...else)3 bet this flop?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 PM

BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>

Well I couldnt give him a freecard to aprobably flush [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 09-26-2005, 04:53 PM

I'm late to the party, but Hero bets. Will edit with the rest.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:01 PM

Chuck it. At this point, your overcards are probably only worth about 1 out apiece, but even if you still give them 1.5 each you don't have the odds to keep playing against an unknown showing relentless agg.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:02 PM

Interestingly, I would prefer to check behind here. Villian has already shown that he likes to check/raise and we don't know if he is a crazy lag who thinks A2 is the best hand or loves to bluff check/raise. Our hand is definitely worth a showdown here. After checking behind we will often induce a bluff on the river and we will have to opportunity to get a solid read on the villian. Usually he has some outs, but we don't know if he has 3 outs or 15. We don't know which cards may hit and which won't.

Also if we bet and he calls and leads the river we have to put in 2BB for the same result, since there's a reasonable chance he'd bluff a missed flush draw.