Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Democrats can’t wait to bury their snout in the Federal Trough

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the gross disregard for traditional GOP planks? They traditionally talk about fiscal conservatism and don't back it up when in power. Seems like they are sticking right to their "talk is cheap" guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill out man. You do understand that fiscal conservatavism is part of the GOP platform. What they have done recently i ignore those planks. Also what do you define as "in power"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me any evidence of the GOP reducing the size and scope of gvt when they have control of the federal govt. Never happened, never will. But makes a great campaign slogan.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Buring One\'s Snout in the Federal Trough.

You mean kind of like this?

[ QUOTE ]
Firms with White House ties get Katrina contracts
FEMA taps Halliburton subsidiary, Shaw Group, Bechtel for cleanup

Saturday, September 10, 2005; Posted: 1:26 p.m. EDT (17:26 GMT)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Companies with ties to the Bush White House and the former head of FEMA are clinching some of the administration's first disaster relief and reconstruction contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

At least two major corporate clients of lobbyist Joe Allbaugh, President Bush's former campaign manager and a former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, have already been tapped to start recovery work along the battered Gulf Coast.

One is Shaw Group Inc. and the other is Halliburton Co. subsidiary Kellogg Brown and Root. Vice President Dick Cheney is a former head of Halliburton.

[/ QUOTE ]

More

Anyone else suspicious this is why Bush/Cheney are so adamant against apointing a federal Katrina relief czar and effective control over federal relief money?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Democrats can’t wait to bury their snout in the Federal Trough

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the gross disregard for traditional GOP planks? They traditionally talk about fiscal conservatism and don't back it up when in power. Seems like they are sticking right to their "talk is cheap" guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill out man. You do understand that fiscal conservatavism is part of the GOP platform. What they have done recently i ignore those planks. Also what do you define as "in power"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me any evidence of the GOP reducing the size and scope of gvt when they have control of the federal govt. Never happened, never will. But makes a great campaign slogan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me try this again. Fiscal conservatavism is supposed to be part of the Republican platform. As a whole, they arent adhering to that right now. Therefore, I am not happy with them.