Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Open ended straight-flush on the button multi-way ?

Three bet it. You'd like to increase the chances of winning if you pair up and even if you can't eliminate anyone, getting lots of bets in three ways with this holding is very profitable.

Jeff
Old 09-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Open ended straight-flush on the button multi-way ?

You like to see any heart (9), or non-heart Aces or nines to finish the straight (6 more), and, as a bonus kings give you top pair (OK - not great).
So, that's 15 outs (not counting the kings). 15 outs means that you're better than 50% likely to hit one of the outs on the turn, or river. You want to get as much money into the pot as you can so 3-bet.

You'll hit a hair better than 1/3 of the time on the river, so you can bet/raise the turn with +EV if you expect 2 or more callers, and should probably call any amount of raises since the pot is already at better than 4 big bets.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:56 PM

Default RESULTS

Tex smooth calls the flop, and the BB calls. (9BB)

turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, MP raises, Tex calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

river3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, UTG calls, MP raises, Tex three bets, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

BB showed 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], i only remember these suits because he flopped a mini-monster too, UTG showed a set of jacks, and MP had the nut straight , K Q
Tex shows K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a king high flush.

Final board 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

this hand was sick...
Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

BB showed 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], i only remember these suits because he flopped a mini-monster too, UTG showed a set of jacks, and MP had the nut straight , K Q
Tex shows K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a king high flush.

Final board 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

this hand was sick...

[/ QUOTE ]

....and misplayed on the flop.

Barron
Old 09-26-2005, 04:04 PM

After CALLing pre-flop, CALLing on the flop with the monster draw, CALLing on the turn with the current nuts + FD, your going and raising the river just throws off the whole symmetry of the hand. A hand should be a work of art - we're writing a poem here, not a warranty policy. I can't decide whether calling would concretely manifest the subjugation of Hero's greed, or whether folding instead might actually convey that the pessimistic despair has reached its nadir, leaving only the final act of self-immolation. But I know that raising is a severe departure from the plot and imagery traced until that point.

Awkward raiser Tex
Strips bark from the willow tree,
Punishes Gaia.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:11 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this hand was sick...

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

And turn.

b
Old 09-26-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this hand was sick...

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

And turn.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA, i assumed he raised the turn since he raised the river...i didn't even carefully read that enough...omg he costed himself so much money this hand its sickening. if i played this hand i would have won a pot large enough to win me a whole day's worth of expectation lol.

Barron
Old 09-27-2005, 04:12 PM

wait a minute DeCiFEr-whatevrThis

Since when is it wrong to smooth call a raise with two players behind you when you have the nucking futs with the second nucking fut re-draw?

I dont want them going away because I three bet this turn....I want them all in to the river....

It's hard to say what the SB would have done here, but I doubt he would have called the three bet, and I really doubt that he would have led at the river with his abby flush if i three bet this turn.

Why is it wrong to smooth call here and put the extra bets in on fifth street when all decent hands are commited?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since when is it wrong to smooth call a raise with two players behind you when you have the nucking futs with the second nucking fut re-draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... so you can win a bigger pot.

It's one thing to badly play and hand; it's just worse to try to defend it. You want to 3 bet the turn so all the folks that are drawing slim and dead to pay to get there (or not). With all the action you know no one is going away. In this particular hand you had everything going for you. A worse flush draw, another guy you were freerolling on and another guy with a set who's hoping to fill up on the river. You can only get bets in while they think they are drawing, when all the cards are out and they miss, you don't get any more chips out of them.

Like Barron said and like a former troll used to say, cap the flop, cap the turn and if given the opportunity, cap the river.

Repost this in the beginners forum.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:35 PM

The board has a J-high 4-straight and two flush draws. So many hands are calling 3-cold here it's ridiculous. Even if they fold the possibility of a 3-way cap in this spot is soo hot.

You messed up, man.