Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Party 5/10

[ QUOTE ]

An example session from yesterday: Right out the gate, I get stuck about $100 when my AK and AQ type hands don't hit and I get chased out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only 10BB. I don't see the problem. If you were playing 1/2 would you be 'stuck' $20? I never think of it as money, only as big bets. Ten big bets? That's a sniffle. Absolutely no reason to go 'aggro'.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I then hit a wall and nothing holds up and I'm back down $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 10 big bets...

[ QUOTE ]

What type adjustments do you suggest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think in terms of bets, not cash. If you started out playing 1/2 or 2/4 would you panic if you were down $40? Probably not.

If you have GT+ running then drag your statbox over your name and cash amount at the table. Don't look at how much you are up or down. Just play poker.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:28 PM

I havent tried Full table 5/10 because I can never find open tables. I have done 5/10 SH.

The aggression is higher than 3/6 so there will be times you just call them down with hands. There are players out there that just keep betting and raising never knowing when to stop. Then they show you middle pair. Those are very profitable. Don't get in a raising war with an idiot LAG. He wants to take the lead let him. He bets, you call, he checks you bet. This is assuming you have a decent hand.

Know your opponents. two different opponent with the same hand and flop... one I would fold to a raise (fish), the other call down (lag).

The blind steals is where it gets tougher because if they are constantly stealing your blinds you are out of position.

I just take my time look at the board. Think about what kind of hands these guys are betting with and raising with. They might be draws, or maybe middle pair. Your calling down middle pair many many times heads up. The board has to come super scary for you to fold.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Differences I've noticed is it is rare to find a room over 22% VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "over 22%" VPIP, how are you determining this? Does Party give this stat. or are you averaging the players you have info. on thru PokerTracker?

[ QUOTE ]

I can almost always guess when a player is going to check/raise just given his stats. ALl in all, I suggest that if you have the bankroll you should stick with 5/10. It is very profitable and you still get your idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

What stats. do you find most useful in PTH to determine this, or are you using some filters?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Differences I've noticed is it is rare to find a room over 22% VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "over 22%" VPIP, how are you determining this? Does Party give this stat. or are you averaging the players you have info. on thru PokerTracker?

[ QUOTE ]

I can almost always guess when a player is going to check/raise just given his stats. ALl in all, I suggest that if you have the bankroll you should stick with 5/10. It is very profitable and you still get your idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

What stats. do you find most useful in PTH to determine this, or are you using some filters?

[/ QUOTE ]

PA Hud will give you table VPIP if you set it to do so.

About half an hour ago we had 9 to the flop in a capped pot and there are 7 players at this table over 28 VPIP, 3 over 40.

There are good 5/10 tables.