Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Husband & Wife Duo

They had 6 outs between them to beat you, and they invested twice as much as you did. They are incompetent cheaters and the play was -EV. Either you get their chips, or they are exposed, thats dumb.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:07 PM

Yeah, they were dumb, but that doesn't mean they weren't trying to collude. Here's like the only time in history where the IWTSTH rule worked. Obviously good colluders do it differently. But it's like when criminals ask, "If I were trying to steal, would I be dumb enough to [insert totally idiotic thing they did in doing the crime]...." The answer to that question is often yes.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:06 PM

I agree, most attempts at collusion I've seen (I play 15/30 and below) are really poorly executed, and only serve to raise your variance. If the husband had AKo, you're clearly taking the worst of it, getting 2-1 on every bet when you're a big dog. With the QQ he actually had, you're getting 2-1 on a money favorite! If the couple was trying to collude, they really gotta get the gist of hold 'em down first. It takes a competent player to be a competent colluder.

Dan

P.S. Nonetheless, I can see why this frustrated you, Al.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:44 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

if youre talking about muckleshoot, i probably have played with them. there arent any 'teams' in there that ive seen.

what exactly did they look like?

b
Old 05-14-2003, 08:09 PM

Yes, it was at Muckleshoot. They were an Asian couple, probably age 30-40. The dealers recognized them.

I don't think what they did was collusion. It wasn't as though every time one of them had a hand the other was raising. It just seemed as though sometime the husband had the convience of raising the wife's bet knowing that if she did have a better hand he wouldn't be hurt, causing other players to fold their hands when they should call or raise.