Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: ..the simple truth about life:

Thanks.

It would still be interesting to see where the quotes come from. Many sayings are attributed to someone, especially someone very famous, and often it was never said by them at all, or misconstrued in some fashion etc. It is quite common.

-Zeno
Old 09-27-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
>Give the exact quote and the context please with reference.
That's exactly what I thought.
-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't able to find the reference for the quote and I thought someone else might have a book lying around.

This isn't an isolated quote. Einstein spoke often about imagination, and how essential it was to new ideas. On several occassions he spoke about the worthlessness of knowledge as compared to a free spirit. He scorned much of traditional education for the way in which it stifled creativity. He said that great ideas in science come from imagination, and not knowledge. Etc.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:04 AM

Fair enough. It would be interesting to see in what context most of these comments where made. I assume that many would be in letters perhaps, or from conversations with friends and colleagues, or from speeches.

-Zeno
Old 09-27-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we are all eternal spiritual beings...we are in a human body to experience the lower worlds of existence; to gain spiritual understanding...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be -EV if true. That's equivilant to saying we are preparing for one long 100/200 blind game by practicing in a micro limit game. Do you see why?