Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: I got completely lost on this one...

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 8s Ts (two pair, tens and threes).
Button has Ad Jd (one pair, threes).
Outcome: BB wins 16 BB. </font>

Dang.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:42 PM

at least you would have split [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Something I didn't notice initially---you split with most pairs of Tens--and we have reason to believe BB has a T--so that's more reason to 3bet here.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:56 PM

I know I'm late on this one. Completely disregarding Maniac; with the read you've given on BB, in addition to his turn check\river bet, I can't put him on anything other than K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I would have folded here every time.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:10 AM

Grunching . . .

Yuck. What an awful spot.

The maniac is mostly irrelevant in this hand. He could have a 3, which would destroy you (I doubt it), or he could have J/4 offsuit.

The problem is his river raise means SB is still active and can then 3-bet it. K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]/x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] looks like his likeliest hand, but many times in this situation he holds just a 10. On the turn he either feared a 3 or was winding up for a checkraise after Maniac's eventual bet.

If SB just calls the fifth street raise, you're paying 2 to win 16. Worst-case, you're paying 4 to win 20.

BUT . . . SB holding a 10 means you won't win (you're crushed by K/10 or 10/10 [unlikely], you lose to A/10 and 10/9, and chop with everything else), so I think I give it up. You're drawing to half the pot at best.

Checking . . . well, we were both wrong. That heaves.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:44 AM

BB is tough to put on a hand here. I could see him holding a 3 and trying to trap you on the turn, using Button's aggressiveness against him by checkraising. But I'm not really sure, he could also have a flush draw Kx [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I don't think you are good on this river enough to call 2 though.