Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Suppose you knew in advance

open up extremely quickly and take a lot of risks - you will surprise people with your willingness to lose. when you dont ruun into a great hand and you will have a better chance to win with a big stack.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:22 PM

Do you know the SNs of your opponents? Start secretly sweating them. Seriously, how much does it ask of you to spend 1 hour sweating each opponent. How awesome would that advantage be? Remember the movie Maverick? How he promised to lose for the 1st hour? Then after that hour he cleaned up because he figured out everyone's tells? BE MAVERICK!

CSC
Old 09-24-2005, 04:40 PM

I would play 10 million SNGs. That is what you are doing here. I would take a look at the STT forum here, and understand the math behind SNG stratgy. With the exact number of chips, and the pay outs, you can run a few hundred simulations and get a feel for how CEV translates into $EV, which is very different than at other stages of the tournament. You can also work on your short stack pushing strategy. You really can make an unbelievable difference in your SNG game in a month of serious work. With that kind of money at stake, I would be sure I would.

The sweating your opponents should eb a no brainer. I would also try to find if they post anywhere, and read everything they wrote. I know players that know my general theories from these boards, have an advantage over me at the table that others dont.

If you havent browsed the STT forum, PM me, and I can send you some posters to look for and some good archived threads to read