Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: When Genuises Are Certain

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby Fischer's IQ has been shown to be 190 or thereabouts and he believes the Jews are solely to blame for everything that's evil in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably "reasonably sane" or something along those lines could be added on sklanksly's list. nonetheless if that is your best counterargument i think you are confirming sklansky's point.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby Fischer's IQ has been shown to be 190 or thereabouts and he believes the Jews are solely to blame for everything that's evil in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe you. You must provide me with proof of such a belief. When did Bobby Fischer say this and please give me a reference as this is of great interest to me.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe you. You must provide me with proof of such a belief. When did Bobby Fischer say this and please give me a reference as this is of great interest to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is not certain that his IQ was 180.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer :

"According to school records, he has an I.Q. of 180 and an "incredibly retentive memory.""
Old 09-24-2005, 08:26 AM

From a 1999 radio interview:

------------------------------------

Bobby Fischer: I intend to do what I'm doing right now.
Pablo Mercado: What?
Bobby Fischer: Which is to expose the Jews for the criminals they are, the parasites they are, the liars they are, the thieves they are, the niggers (?) they are.
Pablo Mercado: You speak like an Arab.
Bobby Fischer: .. You ask the Palestinians. I was just listening to the BBC. the horror story that come out of there when you get into an Israeli prison. the way they torture you . it's unheard of. I was listening to a Palestinian woman, a Christian woman from Palestine, not even Muslims, Christian women who were anti-Israel. They got picked up by the Israeli police, taken down to the jail, and then the Israeli police tried to get information -- Who do you know among your friends that's anti-Israel? Give us all the names of your Arab, Christian friends who are anti-Israel. When they refused, they put the women in a cell, these are mothers, these women, mostly. They put em in a cell, and then they start playing, in Arabic, on the loudspeaker, 24 hours a day, "Mommy, come home, Mommy, we miss you" in Arabic. They played it over and over again until the women just collapsed.
Pablo Mercado: All right, do you have any.
Bobby Fischer: This is the Jewish mentality. These are a criminal people. They torture their prisoners in the worst way. It's even illegal! They don't even deny it hardly. Jews were always bastards throughout history. They are liars, they are the worst pieces of [censored] in the world. They mutilate their own children.
Pablo Mercado: all right.
Bobby Fischer: [censored] the Jews.

------------------------------------------

http://www.ishipress.com/fischer1.htm

Maybe he didn't say it EXACTLY as I said, but the general idea is evident.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I feel persoanally insulted when people like Not Ready have the audacity to believe they have the right to think their differing opinions with him should be taken equally seriously about ANY subject that Russell studied and was certain about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll debate Russell anytime, anywhere on religion as long as he tries to stand by the garbage he wrote in Why I'm Not a Christian. Anyone with an IQ above 100 could trounce him on the idiotic things he said there.

He wins any math contest.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:34 AM

I agree, NotReady.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:43 AM

I agree. I particularly agree with this;

[ QUOTE ]
I don't rate spatial relations

[/ QUOTE ]
This really sticks out, most people seem to think they are a vital part of intelligence, can you tell us why.

I agree because I have almost no spatial skills although, of course, I'm not a genius.

Russell was a genius by your definition and he claimed he had very poor spatial skills.

Care to explain why spatial skills don't matter or is it just because of the evidence of people like Russell?

chez
Old 09-24-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll debate Russell anytime, anywhere on religion as long as he tries to stand by the garbage he wrote in Why I'm Not a Christian. Anyone with an IQ above 100 could trounce him on the idiotic things he said there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a poor subsitute, but I'll take the part of Russell if you like. I'll try to stick to what Russell might have meant by what he said, which may not be the same as what you think he meant.

I'm not saying I agree with what he says but it might be interesting to debate it. It will have to be after I finish with the 'my problem with some religons' thread.

Fancy it?

chez
Old 09-24-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a poor subsitute, but I'll take the part of Russell if you like. I'll try to stick to what Russell might have meant by what he said, which may not be the same as what you think he meant.

I'm not saying I agree with what he says but it might be interesting to debate it. It will have to be after I finish with the 'my problem with some religons' thread.

Fancy it?

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

*Buys his ticket in the front row and opens bag of popcorn* [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way this thread was spawned by references to Bertrand Russell. I feel persoanally insulted when people like Not Ready have the audacity to believe they have the right to think their differing opinions with him should be taken equally seriously about ANY subject that Russell studied and was certain about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.