Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: The Dunks chick tried to steal my quarter

The waitresses at my pool hall do this every time. I order a Shiner, they bring it back and say either "$2.75" or "$3.75" (after 7:00), I hand them a $5 or $20, and they absolutely never give me the $0.25, just the bills. I still tip them $1 a drink, Vegas style. Why don't they just say "$3" or "$4"?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:19 PM

I don’t tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that [censored]’s for the birds. As far as I’m concerned, they’re just doing their job.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that [censored]’s for the birds. As far as I’m concerned, they’re just doing their job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, you'll never get a chance to use this account.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:31 AM

Even worse is having a discussion with a waitress or waiter on why tips are taxable and they should report them as such.

rJ
Old 09-24-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even worse is having a discussion with a waitress or waiter on why tips are taxable and they should report them as such.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I’m very sorry that the government taxes their tips. That’s [censored] up. But that ain’t my fault. it would appear that waitresses are just one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. You show me a paper says the government shouldn’t do that, I’ll sign it. Put it to a vote, I’ll vote for it. But what I won’t do is play ball. And this non-college bullshit you’re telling me, I got two words for that: “Learn to [censored] type.” Cause if you’re expecting me to help out with the rent, you’re in for a big [censored] surprise.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:08 AM

Besides, the Dunks girl won't give you 6 re-fills... When I drink coffee I want my cup re-filled 6 times.

You know, I used to work minimum wage. And when I did, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job society deemed tip-worthy.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, the Dunks girl won't give you 6 re-fills... When I drink coffee I want my cup re-filled 6 times.

You know, I used to work minimum wage. And when I did, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job society deemed tip-worthy.

[/ QUOTE ] Do you know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, playing just for the waitresses.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:17 PM

Move to Australia. We don't have to tip [censored] over here. Waiters and waitresses and the like get decent wages, so we never tip.

The idea of tipping is so weird to me. I pay for my food, for which I pay enough already, and then I have to pay for the restaurant to employ people too? That's f'ed up. You guys are weird.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well F that...it's MY MONEY and I'm not letting anyone STEAL it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Jewish?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:48 PM

I had a similar experience as you did, except that I was the one doing the "stealing" on the other end. In College I worked as a salesman at a furniture store. A guy had made a large purchase that worked out to some odd amount when the taxed were factored in, like $1599.87 or something. Anyway, the guy peels off a bunch of hundreds to pay me, and as I'm counting it out, he asks me a question about something he'd purchased. I put the money in the cash register and proceed to answer his question, and walk over to the items that he has purchased to further explain what I was talking about.

Anyway, I finish explaining it to him, he thanks me, and leaves. About 30 seconds later he comes walking back into the store, looking a little perturbed. He says to me "You forgot to give me my change". "Really?" I said, because I was surprised that I'd done so.

I reached in the cash and grabbed the 13 cents that I owed him, and as I'm handing over the coins he sarcastically says to me "Nice try"...and pockets the change and turns around and walks out.