Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: It sad really.. -nc

[ QUOTE ]
You live and you learn. Just to let you know the guy in question owns 3 hotel properties and pretty much has an endless supply of bankroll. However, as bad of a poker player as you perceive him to be, he has done nothing but cashout in the last 2 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

name the pokerstars player I'am talking about, its not the guy who finished 1st
Old 09-23-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You live and you learn. Just to let you know the guy in question owns 3 hotel properties and pretty much has an endless supply of bankroll. However, as bad of a poker player as you perceive him to be, he has done nothing but cashout in the last 2 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're really mad because michigan is ranked 13th and 16th.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also.. it depends why these people are playing poker...

if they're trying to do it seriously and build a bankroll and make money.. well this is clearly bad strategy.

But if it's just some guy that plays for fun, can reload anytime, doesn't take it seriously.. then i dont' see anything wrong with this.

Not everyone takes poker this seriously, and it's not always a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stereotyping, but I don't think that many people who play a 10R, place huge, and then play $1000 heads up fit the bill.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're really mad because michigan is ranked 13th and 16th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I'm not truly a michigan man, im a grad student from Miami. Go Canes!. With that being said I have tickets for Nov 19th I beleive it is, and i can't wait.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but say why the hell do you care? Seriously, I respect your contributions here, but I honestly feel that post is rediculous. You don't have any idea about this guys finacial situation, bankroll etc... Even more importantly it's none of your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, man, I don't see what this has to do with MTTs, but not everyone takes the same outlook on poker, maybe he doesnt care about the 14k...

I don't think it's right that you are basically posting this to talk trash to this guy and talk down about him, although I have no idea who it is. I think it is a bit ridiculous that you are watching someone who won 14k or 7k or whatever and talking trash about how sad it is. Personally, I think it's sad that this thread exists.

I dont mean to be harsh, but comon, this is just absurd. Let the guy do what he wants with his money. Maybe he makes 1m dollars a year at his job, and he plays poker for fun. You really have no business making this post IMO... really.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:05 AM

I think it's gotta be a natural human reaction... or natural poker player reaction. Subconsciuosly the poker player feels he doens't deserve this success so he engages in self-sabotage. If you look at the people drawn to gambling, low self-worth is common. They turn to gambling as a way to prove their worth card-playing ability or to punish themselves for their own inadequecies. We're not emotionally healthy people (for the most part).

Personally, I started sitting in on 30-60 games after I won a big tourney back in Feb. That was when I was playing 15-30, and while I wasn't hugely over my head, I certainly didn't belong at 30-60 yet. One night I even tried to sit at the 100-200 table after coming home from the bar with just a couple beers in me. Fortunately Stars has to approve you to allow you to sit at this game, so by the time I sobered up, I no longer wanted to play that high.

But yeah, after a big win, many players engage in self-sabotage.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but say why the hell do you care? Seriously, I respect your contributions here, but I honestly feel that post is rediculous. You don't have any idea about this guys finacial situation, bankroll etc... Even more importantly it's none of your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, man, I don't see what this has to do with MTTs, but not everyone takes the same outlook on poker, maybe he doesnt care about the 14k...

I don't think it's right that you are basically posting this to talk trash to this guy and talk down about him, although I have no idea who it is. I think it is a bit ridiculous that you are watching someone who won 14k or 7k or whatever and talking trash about how sad it is. Personally, I think it's sad that this thread exists.

I dont mean to be harsh, but comon, this is just absurd. Let the guy do what he wants with his money. Maybe he makes 1m dollars a year at his job, and he plays poker for fun. You really have no business making this post IMO... really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. Nobody could care less than me what others do with their br.

this post was meant to be parody of this one. The player in question is actually a very good player. Apparently I suck at parody threads.

There is 1 underlying lesson in both threads, never play above your bankroll.

When I made my first 2k in a tournament I sat down in a 5/10 on bodog, I didnt lose much but i think its a lesson everyone has to learn.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:24 AM

Ah. I get it now.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:16 AM

I don't really understand the point of this so called parody, but whatever. Again you mention the lesson to be learned about playing with-in ones bankroll. That is all good and dandy. But my lesson here is don't comment on others bankroll and games unless you really know them. If you really care this much about "problem gamblers" maybe you can join a GA group and give advice their. Thats what they want. Furthurmore, maybe you should quit playing poker, because alot of the money we make comes from people playing beyond their bankrolls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 04:31 AM

by the way, if you didnt get it yet, my post is also a parody [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]