Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: so does he have a set or what?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise this preflop. isolate the limper or at worst get teh button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong in thinking this is awful advice??? Granted it was no UTG raise, but a UTG limp on a normal player surely isn't gonna be worse than a bad bad QTo on average, is it?? I think aggression gets taken too far here sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Especially when that 58% BB is gonna call anything except a freakin 72 here cuz he's "already invested".

But as it is, I think you can call down if the SB has been out of line much, otherwise I think this is a pretty easy fold against a semi-passive person (which he isn't).

[/ QUOTE ]

What you do with Q10o here depends on a couple factors. 1) What hands will the limper play with from UTG and 2) How much better post flop are you than the limper and anyone else that may come along.

Fools will limp with a pretty broad range of hands and I think I can beat most players up post flop. Also, it gives you control of the hand and will let you get some dead money from the blinds in. In this case we may have folded the sb and have taken down the pot and instead we get nothing now. Also, who cares if the BB is calling. His 53% calling will just add more dead money to the pot. I'm not too worried about him outplaying me postflop.

So yeah it might not be the move for everyone just yet, but you should definitely aim at getting there as it is a +EV move usually. Little preflop aggression tweaks like this have upped my game tremendously in the last few months.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: so does he have a set or what?

I think calling is the worst option.