Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: TT UTG

I'm not sure at .5/1 that any Aces are folding this flop getting at least 6.5:1. If it come son the turn we're doomed regardless.

Having said that, I know if this hand came up for me tonight, I raise the flop...
Old 09-22-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like waiting for the turn, pot is relatively large. Anyone hanging around on the flop will probably call for two cold anyway I suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you suppose this? A lot of playes will peel with as little as an ace-overcard, but will fold that hand if it's two to them.

[ QUOTE ]
If we raise the flop we might get checked to on the turn and that would suck. There are tons of cards we'd rather not see on the turn. Potentially: the case 5 or 7 (assuming someone has the 3rd), any heart (considering we only have the T), any overcard...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing you do will fold out a 5, and probably nothing you do will fold out a 7 (though you don't mind a 7 calling you anyway). Nothing you do will fold out a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw, and nothing you do will fold out an oesd. All of those hands are going to the river.

It's the overcards and gutshots that you should be targeting here. You can get them out on the flop if you raise.

[ QUOTE ]
I think we wait for a safe turn, let BB bet into us and then face the field with two.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that if an overcard comes on the turn, you'll often lose the pot to a hand you could have folded out on the flop.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing you do will fold out a 5, and probably nothing you do will fold out a 7 (though you don't mind a 7 calling you anyway). Nothing you do will fold out a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw, and nothing you do will fold out an oesd. All of those hands are going to the river.

It's the overcards and gutshots that you should be targeting here. You can get them out on the flop if you raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this logic here, makes sense. When playing this hand, I thought it looked very similar to the waiting for the turn hand from SSHE. Raising would give my opponents 6.5 : 1 to see the turn if I raised the flop, so I figured I would see if the turn was safe then raise the turn to get out the gutshots and overcards. I could have accomplished this on the flop. Thanks for the input from all.

Results: <font color="white"> BB shows 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] </font>

By the way...standard calldown after being 3 bet on the turn?